Early Access version 117.2

Not sure if these were suggested before but:

1. In the “Overarching Chickens” wave, the chickens create 3 arches, right? I noticed that if you didn’t clear an arch and let a chicken escape, the next arch will show up very lately later. This will unnecessarily lengthen the wave if you missed some chickens.

2. Can you add a simple progress bar for previewing music in store? It’s good to show the length of the audio, where it is currently playing and help you easily get to where you want to listen to, instead of having to listen to the entire audio normally.

The progress bar should only show the current time, length of audio and help you choose where you want to hear. Volume adjustment isn’t necessary since you can just change it in-game or your computer volume in general.

3 Likes

@InterAction_studios

Can this problem of the Heat visuals in the Treasury wave be looked at again? I have another image that shows the barriers being near impossible to see. This was part of my Galactic Cup KO round that I finished last night.

This next image is spoilered, to see if people can find the two barriers without having to click on the “answer”.

I also raised this issue in the v116 thread, here: Early Access version 116 - #499 by DePeeper

2 Likes

I think the same weapon also should be picked for every player. At least that’s how I imagined it. But we’ll see.

I think it’s even required by law to moderate every public message. But don’t quote me on that.
Also. It was possible to do it before I left the forum for my longest break. Nowadays it’s overwhelming with the amount of new posts so some help would be great. (and maybe like I said a while ago, don’t autoclose the topics after 14 days, but after they are reviewed and you decide if they are going on a list or are they in wait or won’t be made at all)

Isn’t the purpose of the forum to generally debate about suggestions, fixes, balance etc? Heck even the FORUM word means the public square of an ancient Roman city that was used for discussions. Yes, IA mostly replies in EA topics but not exclusively.

Well then other users shouldn’t complain that IA has to deal with it.

This is so easily reversible that it’s not an issue. Also don’t give mod role to some randos. I bet there are people here that would love to help with moderation even for free.

Good one. I think even regulars abuse flagging nowadays. Giving it to L1 and L2 users is the true way to make the forum go into chaos mode.

If we’re still talking about the pot luck type suggestions then they were posted in many topics. Some of them in EA, some of them in their own.
Honestly right now it’s a gamble where to post it and when to gather the most engagement and make IA see it.

I actually don’t think it’s such a bad idea. Go into the maintenance mode and just focus on critical bugfixes from new versions, review your to-do list and make some kind of plan that you want to achieve. Will it be really that much different from how it is today?

It’s 2022, we have tools for pretty much everything - version control (git), project tasklists (trello and open-source variants of it f.e. Kanboard, GitHub issues), forums (you already use probably the best one of them right now - Discourse).

Why not all of them? Also some stoopid stuff like https://dont.build/

Yeah, group them, make tasks, subtasks. Add how long do you think it will take to add. Rate the importance for you, for players.
Heck, here’s even my list that made you stop giving “likes” to other ideas: Collection of ideas liked by InterAction Studios

I think it’s pretty fitting.
https://www.thegamer.com/best-games-longest-early-access/
We’re between Subnautica / Fortnite and Rust / DayZ

5 Likes

I wonder why

Add an option to enable in-game a display of the percentage of coins/food collected, too keep better track of the 90% food/coin collection medals.

I suggested a similar idea and I’m not sure if anyone suggested it before me.

Ah didn’t know, sorry

In multiplayer mode, can the satellites, when dismounted on player death cannot be docked by other players and only that player who originally docked it?

Glow color depends by player

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Feels like an exploit giving every players in that mission free satellites.

Honestly it’s more annoying because others can steal your satellites, forcing you to rejoin or hope others die and lose them, which is kinda oof.

4 Likes

Honestly I find sharing satellites with others is fine. after all satellites are many and games are chaos in multiplayers games.

I think I said something similar to this.

If you meant this one:

Then it’s different because your suggestion is about making them disappear once they leave a multiplayer game. Fractorial’s idea is to make them so that only the player who have them only can dock them and not others.

By nature, I don’t like taking something that belongs to someone (unless if they’re fine with it). Satellites (of the host themselves, or other players) in multiplayer games are an example in this case.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s similar imo.

Players can just wait for others to dock those satellites, then leave/rejoin

1 Like

This is bug

4 Likes

Great Minds Think Bugs.

2 Likes

Visual suggestion: can we have like an explosion aura or shockwave (?) on bosses when they are destroyed? Like this: (Sorry if it was too bright)
Untitled4

Do you want this visual into the game?
  • Yes, Complex.
  • No, Useless.

0 voters

4 Likes

Personally i love the idea. But on the other side, wouldn’t it make the game lag even more? Even i’m using pro gamer mode, and some explosions still distracting me

Is the Pot Luck Slot Randomizer ™ randomly giving out between 12-20 slots?
Sure it has variety to it, but if it does give you 12 slots you may not have enough items to use in these kinds of missions. (due to non-usables stated in the previous post)
Kinda funny saying it though - a mode all about strategic item usage has no usable items. Hah.
Either ways I’m still suggesting this - it could provide much more strategy than it is currently.

PS: I was right lol - PL Intermediate today has no usable items.
(Kinda, there’s 1, and you need to ram into an enemy to use it, which is a really risky move risking your current fp, life count to destroy 2 vital enemies - which definitely has no point rewards to it because the medal point loss is far greater the score value of any 2 enemy you can find in the map. Except from maybe bosses, but point bonus + boss score > boss score itself.)

how you get this ? :thinking: