Early Access version 117.2

because u didn’t host that mission?

The reason “fly again” was disabled is so that you can’t just freely access all tiers and environments by just being invited to their room and not actually having those tiers and environments. But strangely, the mission is now in the recent list so you can still freely play it again (even if you don’t meet its requirements, except CHL), which is weird.

Can make wave “Merry-Go-Round” remove the 2 Anomaly Zone markers that are inside the Danger Zone?

2 Likes

Well, speaking of this, IA, it happens that people quickly leave a multiplayer mission before being kicked out, so that they can rejoin the same mission (kick-avoiding). Is it possible, during a mission, to have a list of all the players who joined the same mission, even if some of them left? That way, we can kick out an unwanted player even while they left, instead of only while they play with us.

I had reminded it in my poll

Doesn’t IA read all topics here? At least that’s what he should be doing if he doesn’t want to recruit moderators.

Kinda doubt it. It’s not like the GUI was needed to pick a set of items by the computer.

Ehh… You made do this:

Other examples that I managed to find

Like skill, I believe that equipment should also be fixed for all players so that they’re on an even playing field.
Why the Galactic Market needs to go - #20 by Enhawk

The way to make challenges could be (almost) perfectly balanced, as all things should be is by predetermining exactly the same equipments & the amount of them for all players. Thus, player just have to play, no complain.
Early Access version 53 - #246 by Akemisora

Or, idk, just force all players to use same equipment during competitive missions,and it would be randomized for every new challenge.
Early Access version 81 - #393 by MaybeOrandzaIdk

Having the opportunity to test different ships and weapons would be a very useful tool for budgeting keys and deciding on what to spend them on
A Venue to test a ship and weapons

Even you yourself:

The second type of challenge missions, which definitely a lot of players have suggested in the past, is one where you are limited to certain items you are not allowed to bring, or even banning all mission items altogether.
Perishable limit & other changes - #24 by GuestUniverse

One word: Moderators

Yet again: Moderators

This is way overblown by certain users on this forum. And I really mean way overblown.

We are here for playtesting the game. (for nearly 4 years now)

I won’t disagree that it’s hard to program in C++, but that’s what IA chose and he has quite some experience with it. Most bugfixes are introduced lighting fast. I often would need first to think about how to solve something and then waste few days on it, but IA is pretty much always like “oh thanks for the bug report, I fixed it because something something” and not even a day passed. That’s godly.

I would prefer not. Some spaceships already hit their max power long before 20th level.

I don’t know either… I haven’t made any changes to how translations work.

Can’t you wait until the spacecraft is at the angle you want before screenshotting?

I don’t consider ~50% to be “strongly supported”, but it’s very easy to implement, so I’ve put it on my list to look at later.

As I said, most Inbox messages are baked in. You need to wait for fresh ones to see your changes.

Really? Are those people playing the “hard” mission? Who would have thought.

How is that going to change your strategy? You can easily judge that in-mission.

Yes, and…?

I don’t think this restriction is justified.

Unimportant.

Those names were given by 2dB. The first boss track is not composed by 2dB.

Great, more work for me :sweat_smile:

It already does.

A lot of ideas have fallen by the wayside and resurrected (much) later. Perhaps a critical piece of infrastructure was missing the first time around. Perhaps I discovered a new/faster/easier way of implementing them. Perhaps they were originally suggested during a time where I had had my hands full with other priorities. Perhaps I didn’t feel like making cosmetic/technical/content changes during that time. Perhaps I reconsidered. Or perhaps I just forgot them.

There aren’t any plans. My health doesn’t currently support making any :pensive: . The mobile ports will be released if/when they are released. The game will exit Early Access if/when it exits Early Access. And it will be finally done if/when it’s done.

This is a great example of what I was saying above. Now that the infrastructure for Pot Luck exists, it’s trivial to add something like that. Poll it.

I tried that, but it looked too cluttered for my taste. The only important thing is to know when enemies are close to death, because you typically want to concentrate on them first.

I like that. Except… some spacecraft can go beyond 20 :frowning: . Maybe call it “Overpowered” but award it at :zap:25 or 30?

Borderline… they are completely enclosed by the danger zone, so you have no business being there. But poll it.

I see the problem now. Strengthened anti-moron measures in v.118.

15 Likes

Nice.

what is this
2022-08-13 (40)

1 Like

(ehh, I wait for over 40 minutes for IA to finish the post so I can reply to it neatly, finally gave up because haven’t seen his profile picture in replying and 1 minute later it’s available…)

One nitpick from me. Don’t you have like to-do list? In the game though, but it’s still a list that can be revisited later.

So we’re in development hell.

I’m polling it.

No equipment (items, weapons, superweapons etc) special challenge
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

Welcome to a new kind of challenge. Have fun!

1 Like

so it’s a like a challenge but we only fight with our main weapon? Neutral for that. But I don’t find anything to be interesting in it.

No, iA doesn’t have to read all topics here. If even I can’t do that, iA shouldn’t do that either because the main purpose of this forum is these Early Access feedback posts, the other topics are just something that players can discuss separately from the topic of the update.

Moderators: the frequency of bad, silenced or suspended users and the size of this community is not enough for new moderators to be necessary. If even one mistake is made in promotion, all of us will be suspended permanently and that is not worth the risk, comparing to just let the community self-moderates and use flags (flags should be available at trust level 1 or 2 instead of Regular).

Any good ideas planned to be posted in the Early Access posts, if they have an acceptable length should go to a separate post for player discussion first instead of throwing them to the developer’s face in these feedback posts.

1 Like

basically after 6 months the player is removed from the leaderboard in the planet missions so can we make the key rush missions playable again after 6 months ??? :slight_smile:

1 Like

My list is over 1000 items long. Even if I stopped accepting new suggestions it would take me over a year to implement all of it. Besides, how do you even sort such a list to know what to tackle in each order? Chronologically? By technical difficulty? By impact? By popular demand? By category? By “I don’t feel like doing this today”?

Most of the time there is a benefit to grouping similar work together, so instead of implementing e.g. one new wave, I wait until I can do more in a batch. I’ve explained how this works here: Early Access version 52

If that’s how you want to define it :man_shrugging:

That would create a series of cascading exceptions for me. After 6 months of playing the game, do you really need the extra keys?

11 Likes

Oh, that’s a LOT

I figured if someone were to risk the big 3 medals (no deaths, no special weapons, no satellites), they should have enough items to have a chance to get more points than the points of these medals combined. Of course, whether or not they actually get that is entirely on how they use said items.

Though with the items given to you currently you won’t be capable of doing such things.

With the assumption that for item slots, only the things in the “Mountables” category are picked and randomly-selected (with each item having equal weights), we have a set of 23 avaliable choices.

So the chance for a choice to fall in Auto-Use, HUD, Perishable and Special Weapons are 5/23, 6/23, 6/23 and 6/23 respectively.

The number 25 was suggested mainly because some slots may be randomized to fall into items that you don’t have to worry about where and when it’ll be used (Auto-Use, Perishables, HUD), which in total takes 17/23 or nearly 74% on those items.

The other 26% are for the Special Weapons, which averages out about 6 slots, or 21 items, which could lead to far more options for strategic item usage, and opens up opportunities for some players who could beat other players for actually using items by taking a huge point risk in advance and took them on like a champ.
Which is both fun and suprising to see at the end of the day, as even if you got all 3 big medals, you may not be the first in the leaderboards.

For this challenge, you need to not only be a good pilot here,
but also use your items well to reach the top, don’t cha think?

PS: Can some insight powers be randomized into Pot Luck as well?

Also, some math I used here wasn’t that on-point, I’ll have to rebalance it later in the day, but at least you get the idea why I wanted that in the first place.
(The math I used had some errors, mainly with the ones that can only be picked into the final list once like the HUDs, and max item stack limitation items with Perishables, those need to be considered too)

1 Like

We should have 2 more filters into the contact list (so you don’t have to scroll down to see your out and in requests and respond)

1 Like

just press the first character of their name

1 Like

Tried the new pot luck missions and I like them a lot.
I have a very small suggestion for them: right now the player’s loadaout is fully randomized but the playable ship have the default paintjob. Is it possible to also randomize that? (Maybe letting the game choose the design of a spacecraft from a random player?)

• Yes
  • No
  • I’m neutral about it

0 voters

2 Likes