Early Access version 114

Starbrockle asked for it. I also wanted to see how many people also wants it removed. Seems like too low lmao.

1 Like

Known. That’s how the wave is constructed.

Ok, I’ve worked something out. Added to v.115 :medal_sports: Idea

Not easily. These are separate kinds of Asteroids.

Because that was the simplest thing for me to implement. It could have a lot of other ‘logical’ effects, but not without considerable effort.

That’s for a poll to decide.

This happens because the visual effect is completely separate from the damage/collision one.

The flames still go through – it’s just that the top hull of the Henterprise is on a higher layer and covers them up.

Mirrored how exactly? Vertically? Why would that make it trickier?

It’s not impossible, so it remains.

Changed in v.115 :medal_sports: Idea

Did you join while the game was paused? In that case it’s expected.

Well, I’ve fixed this, but now some bubbles make appear to be more spacious than strictly needed. Fixed in v.115 :medal_sports: Bug

9 Likes

Then it would be just CI3 so I disagree this

I tested that yesterday and it happened even without pausing, the only requirement for this to happen is to join mid-wave with bubbles already present.
What’s weird is that joining when the game is paused shows bubbles with the correct sizes, but unpausing breaks them

3 Likes

I mean, mirrored so that sometimes the burger forms on the right, sometimes on the left (just like you did for the ‘‘Brick Breaker’’ wave). And I admit, ‘‘trickier’’ is not the best term to employ here. What I mean is, it’s obvious to everyone that the ‘‘Chicken Burger’’ wave only forms on the right, every time they encounter it, so why not on the left as well? You know, for strategic reasons? Otherwise, it’s totally a ‘‘joke wave’’, if you know what I mean.

Also, yeah, I’m creating a poll for everyone to answer:

Should this HUD be added in-game?

• Yes.
  • No.
0 voters
3 Likes

I suggested this back in v.111, and you declined it by saying that spawn rate is sometimes carefully calibrated to make the timing of the wave work, and that you would rather not touch it.

I don’t think that it doesn’t change anything even the fact that we fight it the same way, so what kind of strategy are you thinking that it can be done to mirrored waves?

1 Like

You specifically said “at higher difficulty” whereas no mention of difficulty on what would be changed on Interdimensional Portal wave

2 Likes

Well, like you said, I did indeed forget to mention the higher difficulty, but, I mean at difficulty 90%+.

1 Like

That still contradicts the reason why IA refused the suggestion.

1 Like

Yes, he didn’t accept my idea, and provided the reason, but when PlasmaX suggested the same, he accepted.

I also suggested this In V109

3 Likes

maybe we can even customize that bar, such as by having the bar be a circle around the spacecraft, or having it be like 5 bars you see in some music videos that go up and down with the music except here its with overheat, arranged like a five pointed star of sorts

1 Like

Yeah that would be less distracting.

1 Like

I’ll look into it.

I didn’t change the spawn rate, and it’s not difficulty-dependant. It just moves to its final position and starts spawning a little sooner.

Medal shared.

5 Likes

Can the danger zone in “Surfing the Wave” be enlarged and also, put in both sides?

It was recently deleted from one side:

Size looks fine to me.

7 Likes

When danger zone on 4 edges of the screen is not clear. I suggest to write “DANGER ZONE” on each edge.

1 Like

Should’ve made this when the Chiller got introduced, but oh well.
New Team-based Special Weapon for 115 anyone?

Also also, Multiplayer searches should be ordered by ascending latency by default.
(the game should also let you know that in advance)
Saves time when you’re looking for a random multiplayer game to have some fun in.