A new enemy breed: Chiller Chicken! This breed is strategically unique in that its attack is non-lethal (but still detrimental, obscuring your vision and reducing your maneuvering precision). The attack is also not entirely random (props for discovering what the rules are). Upon death it releases a lingering cloud (similar to Toxic chickens), however in this case the cloud is actually beneficial: Any weapons fired within it will not generate any heat. Due to its nature, it has -50% reduced spawn probability in hot environments, and +50% in frozen ones.
Due to this new enemy, all waves may have potentially become easier/harder, so all Galactic Cup Knockout missions flown today so far have been reset, and you’ll need to play them again. A system announcement to this effect has been also sent in your in-game Inbox.
Also, hardpoints and spacecraft are now directly previewable in the Galactic Store.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any mid-mission progress
- your language selection
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
- Color Themes: “Date” sorting places most recent one at the top.
- Loadout screen: Added sort button (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- “Flame” HUD effect now appears on environments that are both hot and massive (namely, suns) (@Starbrockle Idea)
- “Do not Cross” wave: Replaced egg barrier with ball barrier (@minasam123 Idea)
- Lightning/Plasma/Position/Fence effects now fade smoothly at their endpoints.
- “The Weakest/Strongest Link” wave: Barriers now disappear after all enemies have been killed (@PlasmaX Idea)
- Removed “Early Access v…” text from galaxy main screen.
- Strengthened anti-cheat measures (spawn shields).
- “Spawn Shield (Corona)”: Fixed disappearance after first death (@hieudang Bug)
- Galactic Store: Spacecraft and Hardpoint equipment are now previewable directly in store.
- “Flame” HUD effect is now shorter at the bottom edge of the screen (@pro.vn Idea)
- “Overarching Chickens” wave: Reduced size of safe zone (@Player Idea)
- Mission Outcome screen: A message is now displayed when score makes the mission’s top-10 leaderboard (@OneWingLunarian @TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Amphitheatrics” wave: Enemies are now distanced more from bottom of screen (@Starbrockle Idea)
- Slob pupils now follow player correctly.
- Toxic clouds now always appear in front of enemies (instead of behind, in non-pro-gamer mode).
- Added “Chiller” chicken breed (@JustDoIt @Stardrone Idea)
- “It’s Party Time!” boss: Now performs 360o attack periodically (@Fractorial @Baron Idea)
- “Look in All Directions” wave: Enlarged danger zones (@Baron Idea)
- Fixed rare equipment assignments if server starts up during the 4-day period (Thursday-Monday) leading up to a 4-week cycle threshold (in such a case, assignments would prematurely correspond to the upcoming 4-week cycle) (@Haian @4-FX Bug)
- Added free memory monitoring and e-mail notifications.
- “Let the Games Begin!”/“Rematch!” waves: Football now starts at a random enemy (@Starbrockle Idea)
- Spawn Shields: Added “opacity” customization (@VerMishelb Idea)
- Spawn Shields: Better visualization of active customizations on the UI list item.