Early Access version 109

MAIN CHANGES

Config Presets” have been added in this update. These allow you to save your current flagship together with the current Mission Config slot configuration, and restore them later at will. You can have as many as you want. If your saved flagship is unavailable, or you don’t have enough equipment to fully restore a preset, then only the parts that exist get restored. Eventually there may be an option to automatically buy whatever is missing, but since this is somewhat complex to implement, let’s see if there’s any demand for it first.

Also, a lot of tweaks and improvements to the “Dr. Beaker” boss.

Sadly, three of the wave music tracks that were introduced in v.108 have been removed in this update, because they triggered YouTube’s “copyright claim” mechanism. They will eventually be replaced by original music.

Finally, there’s a new FPS history chart for diagnostic purposes (read more about it here: Early Access version 108 - #230 by InterAction_studios)

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
  • :bug: “Satellite firing mode = automatic” (in touchscreen options) no longer incorrectly affects other methods of control (@matix524 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Toxic clouds / Stasis zones / Overheat zones / Dr. Breaker cyan explosions are no longer invisible when joining an in-progress multiplayer game.
  • :bug: Dr. Beaker: Animation state is now correctly replicated to players joining mid-game.
  • :bug: Dr. Beaker: Fixed cases of client/server desync (@hieudang :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Dr. Beaker: Added visual effect when papers are destroyed (@maikien1111 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Dr. Beaker: Added flask break visual effects (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Multiplayer: Fixed wrong wave progress % because projectiles impacting after their owner player had left the game were not taken into account (@Bandicoot @RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Dr. Beaker: Added numbering to flasks in colorblind mode (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Added frame duration history to “show fps” graphics option.
  • :bulb: Space Crab/V2 boss: Retrofitted “splash” effect when vials break.
  • :bulb: Dr. Beaker: Increased maximum paper horizontal velocity by 50% (@Stardrone :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Dr. Beaker: Papers are easier to push around in low difficulty levels.
  • :bulb: Dr. Beaker: Papers will now burn if hit by 20 projectiles (@Mzdziungwa :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Options → Keyboard → Customize keyboard” screen now uses a single-column scrollable layout (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Henterprise explosions now push away darkness (@CattyCheese @SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Stand-alone version: Uses BASS v2.4.16.21 (was 2.4.16.20)
  • :new: Added Mission Config Presets (@JenningsLA @Starbrockle @MaybeOrandzaIdk @OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Removed 3 wave tracks introduced in v.108 due to copyright claims (boss track is still present)
  • :gear: Mission Config screen: Data is now only saved to server if there has been any change (was previously always saved upon exit regardless).
33 Likes

For something that would be so useful, doesn’t anyone think this is underpriced? I mean, it’s not like everyone would buy at least 10 of these…

@InterAction_studios , do you think you could raise the price?

3 Likes

Does the physical model of this comet fit the danger zone, or is it a bit larger? Need a little “stay away from the bottom of the screen” prompt?

5 Likes

the danger zone is enough besides the edges of the comet doesn’t kill the player.

who would stay near a danger zone anyway lol.

2 Likes

It’s the exact same size as the collision area. But I guess I could make it larger. Changed in v.110 :medal_sports: Idea

12 Likes

I guess I will have to suggest this again.

Can thundercluck fire 5 of these instead of 3 in higher difficulties?
something like that

6 Likes

This sign appears for a moment when you exit the settings.

6 Likes

I was wondering if I was the only one or not. Happens to me as well.

Same. it was Frequent to me

1 Like

Huh… weird. This appear when you exit the setting. Is this a bug?

4 Likes

I also noticed that sometimes the game crashes (the other side failed).

1 Like

You sure it isn’t your internet?

1 Like

(A small detail) the space between “Multiplayer” and “Present” seems bigger than “Fly mission” and “Multiplayer” 's space.
adaed

3 Likes

happens to me too, i thought it had to do something with my net

1 Like

Yes, it didn’t happen before.

but why should we do that?, it’s the same price as the color theme so it’s reasonable enough

in the mission config screen, well the presets button looks weird (too much space)

Or maybe put it here in this space

1 Like

space already taken :skull:

3 Likes

there usually appears a note about the mission. if I had to move this setting, it would be between “single player” and “boss/wave music” settings