This update introduces a new boss, Dr. Beaker *, inspired by your own suggestions. As usual, there will be no spoilers here – you’ll have to encounter it in the game. It starts appearing at difficulties 60%+. The addition of this boss to the randomizer might have shuffled the appearance/ordering of other bosses around, both in normal missions and boss rushes.
* yes, technically “Dr” doesn’t need a period, but these chickens are so unruly, they even ignore standard galactic spelling rules.
Dr. Beaker comes with its own boss music track, and there are also three other mission tracks. These tracks are experimental, and might be replaced/removed in future versions. If you like them, they will eventually be added to the Galactic Store.
Steam: BASS version has been regressed a “known good” copy, so you shouldn’t have any “looping sounds don’t stop playing” bugs.
Stand-alone: BASS version has been updated to an experimental new build, which might (or might not) fix the “looping sounds don’t stop playing” bugs. Please report any such bugs immediately.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any mid-mission progress
- your language selection
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
- Klaus chickens no longer attack while outside screen.
- “Kludge” glow of Exhaust #5 (ExhaustVisuals04) now correctly inherits spacecraft’s transform (@Pidgey @Fractorial @CattyCheese Bug)
- “Sell food” buttons now use separate captions for 10% and 100% (@Piotrek1113 Idea)
- “Tag, you’re it!” wave: Changed danger zone to safe zone (@Inferno Idea)
- Galactic Store: Sell price for non-sellable equipment is no longer shown (@GuestUniverse Idea)
- Tutorial mission: Corrected positioning of dashed line over special weapons (@RainbowBoyVN Bug)
- Klaus chicken: Reduced health to 3500-6500 (was 4000-7500)
- Exiting slow-down (“statis”) fields now ramps up to regular speed over 250ms (instead of instantly) (@windinecraft Idea)
- Key rush missions are now gold-colored in the UI (@Starbrockle Idea)
- Uses BASS v184.108.40.206 (reverted from v220.127.116.11 which has the “infinitely looping sounds” bug)
- Allowed weapons are no longer restricted by tier in competitive missions (@hieudang Idea)
- Better calculation of “damageLocation” in case of “crash into” collisions.
- “Ribbit” wave: Reduced size of danger zone (@4-FX Idea)
- Added “Dr. Beaker” boss (@xXmlgDiegoXx Idea)
- “Shear Stress” wave: Reduced size of danger zone (@OrvilleTheOrca Idea)
- “Two Squared” wave: Fixed Pecking Order (@RainbowBoyVN Idea)
- Stasis zones now affect slow-moving spacecraft proportionately less (@Pinkpiter Idea)
- Added visual effect when bullets are destroyed by Barbequer/Absolver (@Fractorial Idea)
- Toxic clouds and stasis (slow-down) zones are no longer instantly destroyed by Barbequer/Absolver (flasks still are). Instead, they dissipate over 330ms after being hit.
- Steam: Uses BASS v18.104.22.168 (reverted from v22.214.171.124 which has the “infinitely looping sounds” bug)
- Stand-alone: Uses new BASS v126.96.36.199 (updated from v188.8.131.52 which has the “infinitely looping sounds” bug)
- Added new boss music track (exclusive to “Dr. Beaker” boss for the moment).
- Added 3 new mission music tracks (experimental).
- Removed Galactic Store help text which mentions “satellite auto-fire” (@RainbowBoyVN Bug)
- “Shape Shifters” wave: Reduced size of safe zone (@JenningsLA Idea)
- “Precision” keyboard key now slows down by a factor of 3 (was 2 in v.106-v.107, was 4 before that)
- Removed “inflicts massive damage” flag from Barbequer bullets (hence, they now participate in Accumulator charging).