Early Access version 108

MAIN CHANGES

This update introduces a new boss, Dr. Beaker *, inspired by your own suggestions. As usual, there will be no spoilers here – you’ll have to encounter it in the game. It starts appearing at difficulties 60%+. The addition of this boss to the randomizer might have shuffled the appearance/ordering of other bosses around, both in normal missions and boss rushes.

* yes, technically “Dr” doesn’t need a period, but these chickens are so unruly, they even ignore standard galactic spelling rules.

Dr. Beaker comes with its own boss music track, and there are also three other mission tracks. These tracks are experimental, and might be replaced/removed in future versions. If you like them, they will eventually be added to the Galactic Store.

:warning: Steam: BASS version has been regressed a “known good” copy, so you shouldn’t have any “looping sounds don’t stop playing” bugs.

:warning: Stand-alone: BASS version has been updated to an experimental new build, which might (or might not) fix the “looping sounds don’t stop playing” bugs. Please report any such bugs immediately.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
  • :bulb: Klaus chickens no longer attack while outside screen.
  • :bug: “Kludge” glow of Exhaust #5 (ExhaustVisuals04) now correctly inherits spacecraft’s transform (@Pidgey @Fractorial @CattyCheese :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Sell food” buttons now use separate captions for 10% and 100% (@Piotrek1113 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Tag, you’re it!” wave: Changed danger zone to safe zone (@Inferno :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Galactic Store: Sell price for non-sellable equipment is no longer shown (@GuestUniverse :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Tutorial mission: Corrected positioning of dashed line over special weapons (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Klaus chicken: Reduced health to 3500-6500 (was 4000-7500)
  • :bulb: Exiting slow-down (“statis”) fields now ramps up to regular speed over 250ms (instead of instantly) (@windinecraft :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Key rush missions are now gold-colored in the UI (@Starbrockle :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Uses BASS v2.4.15.29 (reverted from v2.4.15.37 which has the “infinitely looping sounds” bug)
  • :bulb: Allowed weapons are no longer restricted by tier in competitive missions (@hieudang :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Better calculation of “damageLocation” in case of “crash into” collisions.
  • :bulb: “Ribbit” wave: Reduced size of danger zone (@4-FX :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Dr. Beaker” boss (@xXmlgDiegoXx :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Shear Stress” wave: Reduced size of danger zone (@OrvilleTheOrca :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Two Squared” wave: Fixed Pecking Order (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Stasis zones now affect slow-moving spacecraft proportionately less (@Pinkpiter :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Added visual effect when bullets are destroyed by Barbequer/Absolver (@Fractorial :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Toxic clouds and stasis (slow-down) zones are no longer instantly destroyed by Barbequer/Absolver (flasks still are). Instead, they dissipate over 330ms after being hit.
  • :gear: Steam: Uses BASS v2.4.15.29 (reverted from v2.4.15.37 which has the “infinitely looping sounds” bug)
  • :gear: Stand-alone: Uses new BASS v2.4.16.20 (updated from v2.4.15.37 which has the “infinitely looping sounds” bug)
  • :new: Added new boss music track (exclusive to “Dr. Beaker” boss for the moment).
  • :new: Added 3 new mission music tracks (experimental).
  • :bug: Removed Galactic Store help text which mentions “satellite auto-fire” (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Shape Shifters” wave: Reduced size of safe zone (@JenningsLA :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Precision” keyboard key now slows down by a factor of 3 (was 2 in v.106-v.107, was 4 before that)
  • :gear: Removed “inflicts massive damage” flag from Barbequer bullets (hence, they now participate in Accumulator charging).
28 Likes

I agree with the strength of the “claus”. They were very durable.

3 Likes

There’s an issue with Toxic Clouds and Dr. Breaker’s overheat zones that causes them to be invisible (but still harmful) when you join a multiplayer game. Will be fixed.

18 Likes

I didn’t find the music of the new boss in the store. Can someone tell me where she is?

1 Like

No boss music for Dr Beaker in galactic store yet

1 Like

Will new missions be added periodically?

2 Likes

Finally a good hecking medal

1 Like

After a long time,finally we have a new boss

4 Likes

I think they do one every 6 months

I just play today’s Daily Mission (Easy) and spotted the new mission music track. Imo, it’s great and somehow suits perfectly when you go on a mission. It’s like you go to war and this music makes it even more intense but gives us that satisfaction when victory is guaranteed.

nope…i was waiting more 11 months
Thundercluck boss released on June 2021

4 Likes

oh my bad lol

aren’t they actually 4? you didn’t mention they’re wave tracks

1 Like

@InterAction_studios can you fix it Dr. Beaker more 60% difficulty in League Dare , present difficulty here 59%

2 Likes

The hek? I used corn and when I touched the Overheat Zone, corn weapon will become overheat. Is that intended?

2 Likes

Yeah.

Should Dr. Beaker warning zones disappear in very high difficulties?
  • YES
  • NO

0 voters

2 Likes

Can you zoom out this wave a bit because I find it quite difficult to dodge these papers

7 Likes

You can push these papers around

2 Likes