Early Access version 103

MAIN CHANGES

This is a minor update to consolidate any improvements and bug fixes up to this point, as development will be suspended for the next 2-3 weeks. Nevertheless, it does include some cosmetic changes to all spacecraft (VF-class in particular), and also some important changes to weapon balancing (the Corn Shotgun in particular).

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
  • :bug: Galactic Shop: Spacecraft description now shows an em-dash instead of “0” when “weapon power limit” is unlimited. (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Added “extra hardpoints” to “Higher Limits” section of CHL benefits (@OrvilleTheOrca :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fleet screen: Fixed 3rd satellite slot of H&C 301 not being visible (@OfficalK12 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fleet screen: Reduced scale of maneuverability bar to prevent if from overflowing outside of the screen (@Helios :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Superiority spacecraft: Grouped satellite slots closer together (@GgWw1175 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade: Added gap between lasers in first stage firing pattern (@ScarletCuboids @Liz_VN :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Log file is now flushed to disk when server encounters an error.
  • :bulb: Superiority spacecraft now has 4 wingstreaks (@Recruit_75 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Strobe lights now have has 5 placements (was 3) (@Recruit_75 :medal_sports: idea)
  • :bulb: Spacecraft cockpit texture is now completely desaturated (@Recruit_75 :medal_sports: idea)
  • :bulb: Multiplayer: Keys now disappear once all players have collected them (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: (Server-side patch v102.2) Fixed disconnections during mission when flying a fully-loaded spacecraft (@Lumberjacck :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: (Server-side patch v102.2) Fixed disconnections when trying to sell equipment that was unmounted during the same session (@trueuser :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: All spacecraft blueprints are now rendered at an angle instead of top-down (@trueuser :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Superiority spacecraft: Front weapon outlet now emanates deeper within the spacecraft nose (@Helios :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Spawning Trouble” wave: Speed of spawner now increases with difficulty (@Francis :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Paint screen: “Preview”: The default slider value (5 out of 11) now maps to exactly 100% exhaust intensity (@Kylo-Hen )
  • :gear: Translations: Added “colon format” entry for proper “^: ^” formatting.
  • :gear: Translations: Removed 4 unused phrases.
  • :gear: Fixed GRADIENTRAMP shader (was previously ignoring colorization alpha)
  • :bulb: Added visual effect when lightning strikes an immune spacecraft (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Multiplayer: Zombie players now display a ghost instead of a heart icon in the scoreboard (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed broken “Thrust Vector Control” (spacecraft heading was wrong when travelling horizontally; bug caused by changes made to support banking weapon outlets) (@hieudang :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Reworked method of calculating spacecraft banking, and exhaust intensity size (was previously based only on 4 cardinal directions, now it’s 360o).
  • :gear: Upgraded database version (10.6) and instance (T3).
  • :bug: Fixed Inbox being visible under Galactic Store when “Fly mission” was selected in a message followed by “Visit Store” in the Mission Config screen (@Helios :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Made some weapon balancing changes according to WBP: further weapon balance suggestions (+ test excel sheets) - #102 by GgWw1175 (@GgWw1175 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Laser: Decreased damage, increased firing rate.
  • :bulb: Plasma: Increased Feather knockback by 50%.
  • :bulb: All weapons: Tweaks to low-power overheat rates.
  • :bulb: Corn: Pellets now clump more towards middle.
  • :bulb: Corn: Now supports Overdrive (only when not overheated).
  • :gear: Galactic Store: “Boosters” filter has been renamed to “Weapon Boosters”
30 Likes

first lol
based update moment

1 Like

@InterAction_studios why (ships use old blueprints as icons)

Icons are much smaller and need to be clearer. A top-down perspective helps in that regard.

5 Likes

the outline here is not very clear, can you like, uhm, fix it somehow?

1 Like

I find 2 bugs:

Arabic when my language is English

Bug is still present with black color

3 Likes
  1. it uses the squadron leader’s language

Turn that off before complaining

3 Likes

Ah I got it

i already told you in the previous version, why didn’t you listen?

I didn’t understand that

this is a certified aa12 moment

3 Likes

Wait which weapon do you mean?

Ah i got it sorry, its the Laser Cannon

IA, there are some (maybe 1 i suppose) misplaced Gaps in the ECCC, is this intentional?

1 Like

IA can you bring these items from aftermarket to heroware?

@InterAction_studios game kick me out when loaded full strobe light

Capture
What if popcorn support overdrive?

That would make it way too OP

there is plenty of space, why is the text in a new line

1 Like

This is the item to use in Mission Config, not like in Fleet