This update greatly adds to the remastered CI3 content introduced in the last update (more bosses, more waves). There are still some work left, but CI3 content remastering is 90% done.
The other big change is the addition of “Boss Rush” missions, which have been unavailable (“coming soon”) thus far.
This update is mostly backwards-compatible, but you will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
Waves & bosses in existing missions have been reshuffled due to the addition of new possibilities.
- Eggs now cleared upon death of “It gets cold in space” boss.
- Remastered lightning, red & green beams, yolk beams to make them seamless.
- Remastered Yolk-Star, Mysterious, Mother-Hen and UCO bosses from CI3.
- “Visitors from another dimension”: prevented enemies from spawning too low.
- Remastered “Bonus Challenge” wave from CI3.
- Energy fences" wave: Ensured enemies are spawned outside visible screen.
- Space crab now hovers lower on screen.
- Space crab’s projectiles are no longer removed if they are launched while invisible.
- “Planetary Egg City” boss now doesn’t appear below 20% difficulty.
- “Crab v2.0” boss now doesn’t appear below 10% difficulty.
- “Show 'em who’s Boss” bosses now drop more & varied food items.
- “It gets cold in space” boss is now 10% slower at higher difficulty levels.
- Starfield is now snapped to 1/64 (instead of 1/256) pixels to avoid seams.
- Equipment list (shop): Keyboard shortcut keys now work properly when class filter has been applied.
- Reduced font gamma to 1.45
- Hot environment corona now moves smoothly as direction of travel changes
- Hot environment corona is now determined by nearest sun color.
- Hot environments now affect starfield color.
- Color-coded equipment, messages, and missions.
- Increased time to collect food/keys/etc after final wave to 5 seconds (was 3).
- Long nicknames with UTF8 characters no longer result in disconnection from server.
- Remastered “Terminator Chickens” wave from CI3.
- Remastered “Asteroids” wave from CI3.
- Added “Boss Rush” missions.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).