This update expands on the spacecraft customization options, as well as performs groundwork for upcoming new features. Specifically:
- Each spacecraft now has its own unique gun pods, and bullets/projectiles emerge precisely from those pods. This makes it possible to have different bullet patterns depending on which spacecraft you’re using.
- Missions now have an ‘environment’, which paves the way for mission-specific effects (e.g. lightning strikes on electric planets and solar flares on hot planets)
In terms of new features, heat sinks now work (better heat sinks will extend firing time before overheat occurs) and engines work (better engines will save you more fuel on warp trips).
This update is mostly backwards-compatible, but you will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options your have configured
- Restored wingstreaks on Paint screen
- If you now interrupt a warp trip over an unexplored star system, the star system gets automatically explored.
- Vulcan/Boron/Moron/Neutron are now affected by expander/condenser.
- Prevented overflow of “Wave X/X” text (bottom-right during mission).
- “Bullet Spray Expander” can now be stacked up to 10 units.
- All spacecraft now have their own individual gun pods/emplacements that bullets spawn from (allows for differing per-spacecraft bullet patterns).
- Improved firing effects on some weapons.
- Heat sinks now work (better heatsinks extend firing time by up to 100%)
- Engines now work (by improving fuel efficiency up to 25%)
- “Daily stipend” message is now properly sent.
- Exhausts can now be customized irrespective of engine.
- Added 3 new types of exhaust.
- Wingstreak length and opacity can now be customized.
- Shield color can now be customized.
- Shininess hue can now be customized.
- More customization color options for inner/outer exhaust.
- Options/Controls/Mouse: Added option to capture mouse and to set mouse sensitivity.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).