CIU version 143 BETA

MAIN CHANGES

This version includes preliminary groundwork for the “Galactic Entertainment Network” (GEN), a way to collect and organize recordings of the “best” missions from each day, compile them in a “highlight reel” video, and broadcast them across the galaxy (well, on YouTube at least).

Details have not been finalized yet (e.g., which missions will be eligible for recording, the criteria for “best” , the number and frequency of video postings, any rewards, etc.). The intention is to be able to eventually watch some fun and entertaining mission snapshots (e.g., “epic” waves, skillful dodging, near-death experiences) and side-by-side comparisons of certain competitive missions (e.g., quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals of Galactic Cup).

This addition has necessitated several ‘dangerous’ cascading changes to game’s internals, so it’s doubly important to make sure everything works as expected (especially competitive and multiplayer missions). Fly as many of those as you can, and report your experiences here.

Note that in the BETA, CI2U, CI3U, CI4U and CI5U are still available to catch any bug regressions (the capability to warp around waves has been removed, however).

:arrow_down: Download the BETA from: https://universe.chickeninvaders.com/files/CIU_BETA_v143_2_0.zip

You can link your existing account that you normally use. Progress on the BETA server is completely separate from the LIVE server. It’s based on a database snapshot when v.142 was released, so your progress will be rolled back slightly (when compared to your live account). And, when the new version is officially released, any progress you made on the BETA server will be lost. Also, any translation changes will also be lost.

Multiplayer games will work, however note that your network connectivity will not be correctly detected by the BETA server (I think it will always say “Port-restricted cone NAT”). If there is a discrepancy between detection and your actual NAT type, then you will not be able to join some multiplayer games (even if they are listed). If the discrepancy lies on the host side, then none of the guests will be able to connect.

22 Likes

I have heard of something like this before in another game but don’t remember exactly, and after a while searching, this is similar to TV Royale from Clash Royale: TV Royale | Clash Royale Wiki | Fandom

1 Like

in my opinion there should be a toggleable option for GEN, not everyone wants their competitive gameplays leaked due to some hidden strategies being used during the mission to score higher, if everyone knows how to score then it’s not competitive anymore

1 Like

Well that certainly is a feature that I didn’t expect to come first at this time.

Well, replays in games are old thing already. Oldest example for me personally being Worms Armageddon with replay files that you can send to other people. But the global youtube TV might be interesting.

No, no no. Either all or nobody. Don’t act like there’s some mystical plays that only selected few know. And even if, then it’s a good thing because others might improve some unknown strategy to be way better.
Take a look at the speedrunning community. Once somebody discovers something others can use it to improve their runs further. And then discover another new strategy. And the loop continues so it constantly improves the time.

Good example with allowing people to view replays in game is SEUM Speedrunners from hell. There are 3 ways to finish a level:
1 - below the required time = game over
2 - silver grade = passed the level
3 - golden grade = you unlock top 10 replays from the world and you can see some crazy strategies to use.

7 Likes

Multiplayer games don’t work.

1 Like

Fixed (server-side) :medal_sports: Bug

7 Likes

The medal goes to in-game callsign “Lyohans”, he is the one who found it.

1 Like

interesting change =)

v142:

v143:

note that the difficulty is 79% (+40%):
2024-02-18 (2)

3 Likes

Bruh

i am pretty sure those speedrunners are forced to show their strategy because usually to verify those runs you gotta stream/record them

1 Like

Yes, and it’s fair this way. Any good reasons for allowing CIU players to hide how they play? Even just for the developer it would be useful so IA can check if somebody doesn’t use some unknown cheats/exploits.

2 Likes

‘competitive’ bro, no one wants their strategy leaked. you mentioned speedrunners showing their strategies for people but didn’t include that some people also gatekeep strats in other competitive games to maintain the top position.
the developer also has his own way to check whether someone is cheating, no need for the public gameplay to figure that out

1 Like

If they can’t win with their strategy being leaked, they need to play better. Isn’t that so? Competitive would become more competitive than it is.

1 Like

and nobody wants to lose in competitive, do they? they do everything to win. no one would be as silly as leaking how they play to make themselves lose. if people are good enough for winning competitive then they should be able to figure the strategies out themselves and not having to rely on other people for ideas.

1 Like

If they have to go for videos other players post, they won’t be able to get even close to what the said players achieve with the same strategy. It’s not a danger, as strategies worth nothing without skill and practice.

1 Like

“virtuosity boost”

1 Like

…which is fixed since about today.

1 Like

or is it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

anyway my point was that such overpowered strategies, if shown to people, could easily make them beat even the top players. one example was rulinh in cup #37, who managed to beat francis despite being pretty average at scoring back then

1 Like

@InterAction_studios is there a way to do like tunneling in CIU multiplayer? I know VPN is a thing but you can’t maintain the latency, on tunneling pretty sure you can just set wherever it should locate

2 Likes