CIU version 139 BETA

MAIN CHANGES

You can now play the entirety of the “Ultimate Omelette” episode from within the “Profile” screen of CIU (let’s call this CI4U).

You can skip/warp around waves: Press SHIFT+keys 0-9, -, = to set chapter (from 1 to 12), or press 0-9 keys to set wave in chapter (from 1 to 10). This time around, the server will not kick you out even if you use skip.

As a side-effect of CI4U, CI5U has also been refactored, so I’ve kept it in this version in case I broke something by accident.

:arrow_down: Download the BETA from: https://universe.chickeninvaders.com/files/CIU_BETA_v139_5_0.zip

You can link your existing account that you normally use. Progress on the BETA server is completely separate from the LIVE server. It’s based on a database snapshot when v.138 was released, so your progress will be rolled back slightly (when compared to your live account). And, when the new version is officially released, any progress you made on the BETA server will be lost. Also, any translation changes will also be lost.

Multiplayer games will work, however note that your network connectivity will not be correctly detected by the BETA server (I think it will always say “Port-restricted cone NAT”). If there is a discrepancy between detection and your actual NAT type, then you will not be able to join some multiplayer games (even if they are listed). If the discrepancy lies on the host side, then none of the guests will be able to connect.

I don’t know how long BETA server will stay on-line, but I will notify as it comes and goes.

33 Likes

aren’t no way

quite fast considering ci5’s only been done very recently

1 Like

Let us begin

CI4U has come already?
Let’s gooo

That’s a very amazing moment to me, to be honest.

1 Like

Amazing…

1 Like

love the new Millennium Hatchling

4 Likes

Im really unexpected at how broken CI4U is, here’s i found some problem so far:

(11:00 PM GMT+7)

1. Seems like CI4U’s weapon order using the same CI5U’s weapon order. Luna already plan for each weapon order for CI4U. Check here.

2. Boss track will start play then shotly fade out and stop after finished each “Alien container” wave.

3. The slow pitch “chickBossCry.ogg” sound effect start playing after the zoomed out in wave 10. And it’s probally unintended.

4. Hyperspace (red warping background) still using CI5’s hyperspace instead of CI4’s hyperspace.

(edit at 11:17 PM GMT+7)

1. In chapter 4, either i got lucky or my spacecraft is just doesn’t change direction and stuck on this angle

(edit at 11:25 PM GMT+7)

1. The Replacements having 3 lines instead of 2 in original CI4.

2. why this ugly face is back?

(edit at 11:33 PM GMT+7)

1. Planetary Egg City is the mirrored varian, unlike in original CI4.

2. There’s no stage clear warp at the end of Chapter 2 and 6 in original CI4.

(edit at 5:47 PM GMT+7)

1. There’re a lots of missing quotes during mission (eg: “Let those feathers fly!” on wave 1, “Hah! who’s the dominant specials now?” after defeated Superchick on wave 10).

2. During SSH, wave 23 have 6 Chicken at time instead of 4 in original.

3. The new Hen-sole 360° is weird.
    And since when he got his own Wingstreak?

There’re more of bug that i haven’t explained yet, but people are already found it so hopefully all the issue will be fixed before I actually playing it.

2 Likes

There’s something wrong with your CIU.cfg.static file. Re-extract it.

1 Like

Boss music doesn’t play immediately after defeating the chickenaut in wave 10

There’s no vibrate in wave 10, after destroyed a chickenaut, when zoomed out, it should shake the screen by the boss sound, but it’s not

1 Like

man he fast iA update.

Ah, thanks, fixed it. It was laggy when i extracted it to a folder on the first try.

anyways, hi :wave:

2 Likes

In wave 10, the chicken boss sound should be heard after killing the chickenaut and not after displaying the new wave. Also, you can kill super chicken so quickly, if you were quick enough the music will play after you kill it

I’m here to suggest the weapon spawns for CI4U. It’s mostly the same as CI5U, but slightly altered.

Chapter 1 - Ion Blaster, Neutron Gun, Lightning Fryer, Boron Railgun
Chapter 2 - Laser Cannon, Riddler
Chapter 3 - Positron Stream, Corn Shotgun
Chapter 4 - Photon Swarm, Hypergun
Chapter 5 - Vulcan Chaingun, Plasma Rifle, Utensil Poker
Chapter 9 - Absolver Beam (yes, still chapter 9)

Changes from CI5U:

Positron now spawns at Chapter 3, and Photon Swarm now spawns at Chapter 4, just like how it was in CI4.
Boron and Hypergun are now swapped. Then again, Boron was your starting weapon.
Riddler and Corn were swapped, just for the heck of it.

6 Likes

I’m gonna wait the beta is downloading
memory cost it should be 234MB

If only i got PC now for a free bug medol :sob:

Boss music starts immediately after destroying the alien container in the ninth wave of most stages, then restarting when the boss appears (Instead of usually starting the music when the wave name appears/boss appears)