CIU version 129

MAIN CHANGES

Anti-Cheat. Sigh. Well, that’s another 10 days of work wasted trying to stop cheaters, while productive development is on hold.

:warning: The anti-cheat system is now in “strict” mode. The new policy (which recently came info force) is stated here: ⚠ Exploit & cheating policy .

Soundtrack. Don’t forget that the Chicken Invaders Soundtrack will be released tomorrow. Check out Chicken Invaders Soundtrack on Steam .

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (put it in your forum profile where it says “name” so I can find it).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.

• :bulb: “Morning Rush Hour” wave: Moved anomaly zones further out toward the edge of the screen (@TrophyHunter)

• :gear: Instrumented cheat reporting to catch cases of false positives.

• :bulb: “The Bird House” wave: Squashed top trajectories to prevent enemies from leaving the screen entirely (@SA-GoldenBoss128)

• :gear: All multiplayer chat messages are now logged.

• :bug: Purchase screen: Steam prices in USD now show $ as a currency symbol (previously had no symbol) (@Red_Fox_01 :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Fixed cases where callsign blacklisting would not properly block certain names (@Starbrockle :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Strengthened anti-cheat measures (@ThieuMinhQuan2K7 @Sammarald :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bug: Missions screen: Joined multiplayer missions can no longer be re-flown or favourited (@VerMishelb @DePeeper :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Fixed progressive de-sync on waves “Hammertime”, “Playground”, “Slice of Pie”, “Windshield Wipers” (@GuestUniverse :medal_sports: Bug)

v129.2 EMERGENCY PATCH (server-side)

• :bug: Inbox: Fixed incorrect month name appearing in messages sent to Ironman and Weekly winners. (@PlasmaX :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Tweaked anti-cheat measures.

• :gear: Server now uses steady_clock instead of high_resolution_clock.

• :gear: Steam version: Regional prices have been updated based on Steam recommended pricing as of 2023-02-17.

22 Likes

So, after a discussion with others on the CI Discord a few days ago, I’d like to bring forward the idea of having a public ID for users in game. It’ll allow people to help easily identify players, which can help for some who occasionally change their usernames, trying to figure out who’s who. Knowing the ID is easier than trying to remember what was their previous (or any former) aliases. Something like a generated 5-7 numerical ID can work as a identifier.

Should there be an implementation of a public ID system?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

Imo it would be better (and probably safer from the server’s point of view?) to allow giving a nickname to your contacts instead, just like how steam does this.

But the numerical IDs can also be used to help recover lost accounts

Exposing player ID may lead to some particular cheats involving NPCs (because they use the same ID as players), therefore shops, like dealers. For players it may result in league cheats at worst I think, where you dare undarable people. It’s not the first time this is suggested, is it?

1 Like

This makes no sense. What is this public ID trying to solve? Accountability? Then perhaps keeping a viewable list of all callsigns used by a particular player for the last 15 days would help.

More than your e-mail can? Doubtful.

Even if a numberic ID is exposed (and that’s a big “if”), it’s certainly not going to be the game’s internal ID. It would most likely be a pseudo-hash of some sort. Which would make it longer than 5-7 digits, hence more difficult to remember, hence less useful, hence unlikely to be implemented.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s helpful for this online game, but in other community games, it’s very important that Clan/Guild (squadron equivalent) leaders know which naughty players have been blacklisted to never accept them again, even when they change their name. Strangely, there have been suggestions about just letting Clan/Guild leaders choose to blacklist players within the game itself, but most games don’t have it implemented and leaders have to note down the IDs themselves to know later.

A less important feature: in wikis where players post record statistics (first clan to reach Capital Hall max level, first to reach max player level, most war victories in a row…), they just put the player ID there and never have to edit it again.

Third feature is looking up player information for curiosity and other competitive reasons (comparing with our account), although this also contains the first benefit above (blacklisting naughty players), and already included in this game with Contacts.

Yeah, those are the only three benefits of player ID that I can think of. Commonly use in many online games.

Also, zero tolerance for cheating in Supercell (and probably other companies), I don’t agree with some players in the previous update saying that cheaters should not be permanently banned on first offense.

3 Likes

Hello iA, what if we can join any missions that our friends are flying? I think with the join button when we see our friend’s profile, it will make it easier for us to play together with our contacts more quickly. This is my first time interacting on this forum, but I hope you can consider this small idea, thank you.

1 Like

A small but annoying bug I noticed in this update (could probably be in past updates too)

If a Shady Dealer (and probably Raid Droid too) flies in front of a planet you can’t click on him, as the game will keep focusing on the planet instead.

@GuestUniverse explained it better than I could above. My vision for this would just to have something more concrete to help identify players (I’d put the player ID above the username where you compare stats with others). Your idea of showing former usernames sounds like it’ll take up some resources and seem unnecessary (in a vein to how the credits update usernames, but that’s justified since it’s all community contributions).

Funnily enough, in the same ID conversation, someone suggested sending system messages to everyone in that person’s (the one who changes their username) contact list, but I rejected that, since it’ll be sending a lot of messages, depending on how frequently they change their usernames and/or how big their contact list is. Also, if some don’t play anymore, then that’d be “wasted” resources, since they’ll likely never see it.

I do understand that you have your own ID system on your backend, as that’s how you reward medals. With a public ID system, instead of asking for some usernames here when asking for clarification, they can just give their ID and make things easier.

My internet connection is unstable sometimes, am I going to get banned for this?
I use a corded internet cable that frequently jams out due to age.

Kenny Kurniawan : Uco5 Rent?
Donny : Uco 5 When?
Kenny Kurniawan : Uco5 Hen?
Whole CIU Community : UCO5 WHEN?
Kenny Kurniawan : No UCOS
Donny : god damn it
Oh yeah as Usual
Uco 5 when?

don’t talk about it… got damned…

What do you mean? It’s a problem I have that could prevent me from playing the game, of course I’m going to talk about it.

3 Likes

Is it stuck at “Logging In” screen?

No. You might be disqualified if you disconnect too many times during a competitive mission, but that’s all.

Probably a temporary issue.

9 Likes

As you know, the top 10 list for the February 9th Ironman Competition was announced, and I was in the top 10, I got the top 10 notification, aaaand…

It says “May” instead of “February”. (what a late happy birthday message)

1 Like

Fixed in v.130 :medal_sports: Bug

It looks like a long-standing bug. I’m surprised nobody complained about this sooner.

14 Likes

Can you add player rank and fleet size

Fleet size is useless here.