CIU version 128

I see that there’s a weird instability in your laptop that triggered the anti-cheat system. I’ve removed the ban temporarily, but it will happen again sooner or later until I can come up with a more definite fix.

Update: It happened again, ban removed.

13 Likes

Wow, anti-cheat that doesn’t break Linux compatibility? What a novel idea, somebody call Epic Games.

For real though, good job. Should there be any performance hit with it? Didn’t notice anything major but it drops few frames from the max. Not that it’s a problem, just wondering how strict that anti-cheat is.

2 Likes

Thank you for the fast reply, indeed he is still banned, we have talked on phone to ask him more information. This feedback might help:

• He played on PC sorry, never on any other device, he had only main account and only his one account linked
  • He had always experienced random disconnections in the past, we dont know for sure if its his pc,router or internet
  • He can’t even play as guest on his pc
  • I tried to link his account on my pc, i get prompted with “This account is banned”, my account works

We patiently wait for a solution, we play a lot and now we got concerned. Hope this can be fixed and many thanks.

1 Like

Yeah, I did think this may turn out to be overkill

regarding the anticheat system,

is it also available on android and if it is, does merely playing on a rooted device will get you banned?

UCO 5 when?

1 Like

He was kicked out by the anti-cheat, same as always. The only difference is that now kicked players are also banned.

I have created an emergency fix for this case. (It might or might not work, we’ll see). Ask your uncle to download and install it from here: https://universe.chickeninvaders.com/files/ChickenInvadersUniverseInstaller128_2.exe :warning: Everyone else, do NOT download this. There is no benefit for you and it will lock you out of all multiplayer games.

On average, 0.3ms per frame (or 2% at 60fps). It heavily depends on your CPU, however.

“Max” for you is… 60? 120?

Better to err on the strict side and then selectively relax some rules, than let cheats go undetected.

Yes

No

8 Likes

I know max in CIU is 150 but Steam fps counter was showing correct v-sync (technically free sync) number many times.

I noticed drops to 152fps so probably my oldie cpu is getting old. Well, whatever. 150fps is still brilliant.

IA is going to kill me

My perseverance to not buy this soundtrack just took a big hit.

5 Likes

he knew my weakness j. cole - she knows (lyrics) "i am so much happier now that I'm dead" [tiktok song] - YouTube

missed opportunity not having it on streaming platforms like spotify and the like, why is that?

Ah, yes, Spotify…

3 Likes

Geezus people how many times do you need to be reminded that Spotify is horrible for profit.

1 Like

I pretty much knew that I was buying it as long as flacs are provided.
Also, it’s nice to see all the tracks finally get proper titles.

1 Like

:)

We have tried your new suggested installer with no different result, the account is still banned but… i have come with another information that could be helpful.
He played only on his PC at home, he also has a laptop which he uses casually surfing web/watching movies, casual stuff. This time he tried to play the game on laptop, which implies a new device and a new linked e-mail account. He got to play for a little bit then the new account also got banned. Both devices are connected to the same router, i dont really know technical stuff of how internet works but this possibly hints to some problem with internet traffic.
If that’s the case, the problem was from the beggining with connection disconnection (Check server status type error). I’m again concerned that no one has brought up this problem by now or no one is experiencing this inconvience to create a valid fix.
As for now i will be looking over this topic for any updated info or fixing possible personal home internet connection issues. Again many thanks!

The account was banned while you were still using old version (128.1). If the account was already banned, then 128.2 can’t help with that. 128.2 can only prevent a new ban from happening (possibly, we’ll see).

I have removed the ban. Please try logging in afresh with 128.2

7 Likes

Tho this could be a very hard technical issue to fix :neutral_face:

I ca’t believe you!

5 Likes