What you don't want in the final game?

Nice bump

2 Likes

I agree, especially since it would be disrespectful towards the new players.
wait
bump police copcar

7 Likes

I don’t want Comet Chase in the final game, purely out of my hate for that mission.

This won’t be removed, because just some players don’t like it. If you can’t, use Vulcan Chaingun and Tourist skill for these missions.

1 Like

Yeah I know it won’t be removed. That won’t stop me from hating the mission since 2006 :man_shrugging:

I mean you can just…ignore it. No one makes you play these. I personally hated these too but I was lacking skill, but with time I got used to it and I find it fun and challenging.

1 Like

So what would you do, if someone dared you with this? :wink:

Yeah I know I can do that. And I know I can still dislike the levels despite always ignoring them or playing them on tourist rather than SSH. That said, I already know it won’t be removed. I still made my original comment because I wanted to say what I wanted to say.

I’ve first played CI3 in 2006/2007. I knew how to play around the stupid comets. And I know how to play around them now in 2021 in CIU.

It being challenging isn’t my problem, I don’t like the overall design. And if you find it fun, that’s perfectly fine.

1 Like

Here’s a more minor and unpopular opinion that’s not really a deal-breaker or anything, but still enough of an opinion to bother bringing up:

I don’t want Chicken Exponentiality in the final game. It’s just a more tedious, more arbitrary version of Chicken Multiplicity and I don’t enjoy it when it comes up. It has to mess with movement patterns in much less intuitive ways than Multiplicity and the huge cloud of Assassin Chicks makes certain weapons completely nonviable.

5 Likes

Honestly, replace the assassins with just bandanas, and change the gatlings to Boss Chickens instead.

Assassins merely take EVEN longer to kill than a normal chick, and quite frankly they’re very prone to provocation in said boss wave.

The Gatlings also feel out of place. Multiplicity had one Superchick, Two Infinichicks, and Four Boss Chickens.

Exponentiality has one Henperor, two brothers, and SIX gatlings??? Where’s the consistency in that? Make it 4 instead. Or better: 4 Boss Chickens.

2 Likes

That would certainly help. I’d also like to see it be an “alt wave” for Multiplicity, perhaps (so at high difficulties it shows up in Multiplicity’s place, rather than being a separate mission). I think two “very long chicken-splitting missions” that play somewhat similarly are too frequent in the RNG pool of bosses - they should be an uncommon thing.

1 Like

Hmmmm… I think it might be too difficult to make a completely separate multi variant…

But you know what would be cool?

Don’t normal waves (Like “Weakest/Strongest Link”) do something like this?

Oh, nonono, I meant it like this:

Exponentiality would have a chance to replace Multiplicity, but still show up as “Chicken Multiplicity”.

It’s like they’re both the same wave. like, Close Encounters, but occasionally without the laser beam… if you get what I mean that is.

I’ve reduced Exponentiality’s chance of appearance by 30%. Hang on. Are you talking about Boss Rushes or Invasion missions?

5 Likes

All of the above - i’s just generally too frequent. That said, if it has to be one or the other I’d say it’s more of an issue in Invasions because it’s a time consuming wave and it feels like more of a “break” from the flow of gameplay than it does during a more “anything goes” kind of mission like a Boss Rush.

I’ve reduced Exponentiality’s chance of appearance in Invasions by 33%

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.