Weapon suggestion - Missile Launcher (satellite)

The weapon fires accelerating missiles which explode on impact with enemies causing a large amount of damage.
The launcher can carry 16 missiles at once. They don’t fly in a perfectly straight line, but wobble slightly causing them to spread apart irregularly. Automatic rate of fire would be around 10 shots per second, allowing the player to quickly fire a barrage of missiles.

The warhead consists of a shaped charge, not having any area effect but delivering a massive amount of damage to the target (2500 damage + additional damage to metal/armored enemies).

The rear panel of the weapon contains:

1. A massive red ON/OFF switch (every missile launcher needs one, right?)
  2. A giant red power indicator light (which turns off when the weapon has ran out of ammunition)
  3. The ammo indicator (read: “the only useful thing on the rear panel”). It works as follows: the rightmost light represents the top tubes of the launcher, the leftmost one represents the bottom tubes. The brighter it glows, the more rockets there are left in the launcher.

(On the model it’s controlled by the mix shader nodes: when the mix shader is set to 0, the light glows at it’s full power, meaning there are 4 missiles left. When there’s 3, 2 or 1 missile left the mix shader is set to 0.6, 0.8 and 0.95 respectively. When it’s set to 1 the light is off meaning there are no missiles left.)

Due it’s low ammo capacity and the lack of AoE it is more suited for use against bosses or enemies with large amounts of health, perhaps to be used for a quick damage boost.

Blender project file: missilelauncher.blend - Google Drive

3 Likes

This ſounds like a quickly firing ICBM. I don’t think we need to add ſatellite types juſt for the hell of it.

tl;dr: It has completely different characteristics, making it useful in a completely different combat situation to the ICBM. Besides, a lot of weapons which were added in the past were already very similar to existing weapons and yet perfectly served their purpose of keeping the new games interesting.

Except that the ICBM excels in combat against large groups of enemies. And that the only thing that the two weapons have in common is that they fire missiles.
Besides, regarding adding weapons “just for the hell of it”, lots of new weapons are added for the sake of variety, but sometimes frankly they just look like filler content.

The Vulcan Chaingun was added because we didn’t have any automatic weapons before Revenge of the Yolk.

The Boron Railgun was pretty much the same thing but someone at IA clearly thought that it was different enough to keep both weapons in the game (and it was nice to get a new starter weapon).

Then we got the Hypergun which was basically the above but much more powerful. We have Positron Stream, a weaker version of the Plasma Rifle (cmon, it even has the same color). The Corn Shotgun is pretty much the Neutron Gun with random spread.

And that’s okay. As similar as they may be to older weapons, I think they work just fine.

So yeah, I’m gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

Nice design though, but I don’t know if it’s too op or not
may be it should be bought in the key shop

Well it only deals a little bit more damage than the Microgun. Considering that the Microgun is more versatile too, I don’t think it’s too strong.

Please stop replacing every S with ſ I can’t read your posts like this!

.. ... -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . .- -. -.-- -... . - - . .-. ..--..

You may not believe me, but there are some users who write a lot incomprehensible even from Traveller. @BCMediaPlayer is the man who almost has no opinion in post as normal users. He only write something like Recruit 35 bla bla, i dont understand why he lives even here in his movie. Nothing personal and offensive to him (he is a fully literate person), I love his YouTube chanell and everything that he made about CI, but i prefer to read post from Traveller instead of Ben post(like Recruit 35 something…) Ben be free, you do not always need to be in the image of the hero or someone else.

1 Like

Actually…
49 27 64 20 70 72 65 66 65 72 20 68 65 78 61 64 65 63 69 6D 61 6C 20 74 62 68 2E

WD, MWLZ WV, XUIZOP PWU MTV JW RZKKZI KDTV TXMCC WI UVCMWJZ! DWH'X T VCMZ LWVWTONDZRZKCM XURXKCKUKCWV MPNDZI KW XWOSZ, PWU YUXK DTSZ KW JW T EIZAUZVMP TVTOCXCX, OWWQ TK WVZ-OZKKZI HWIJX, TVJ XW WV, TVJ CK'X XWOSZJ. NOTPETCI'X ZTXP CE PWU QVWH KDZ QZP, RUK WKDZIHCXZ CK CX ETI LWIZ JCEECMUOK KDTV KDCX, ZXXZVKCTOOP RZCVF T XCLNOZECZJ LWVWTONDZRZKCM JCFITND XURXKCKUKCWV. CE TVJ HDZV C UXZ T QZPHWIJ, CK'OO RZ QCPTVMDCMQZVETV. CK DTX VCVZ UVCAUZ OZKKZIX, HDCMD CX DTIJ KW RZTK.

What is that now???

A complete lack of ſ’s.

I do not understand what you are talking about.

Look @BCMediaPlayer posts

This is not BCMediaPlayer’s topic…

There’s no matters, i dont talk about a topic

Dude I agree, I find his posts so confusing to understand

1 Like

Well, in every plan updates iA says “Greetings, recurits!” in the first post, so he is Recurit 35. And by that im now Recurit 44, lol.