WBP: further weapon balance suggestions (+ test excel sheets)

Why people do favor “focused” more? 3 projectiles with 990 damage each will overkill and most damage output is wasted. Not mentioning probability to miss target too.

Usage stats for users with 10+ hours of playtime, data collected from 15 June - Oct

Done

Done (no change to lv 8)

Done

Done

Done

Done

Done

Done

Done

No changes. I want to keep the splitting mechanic, and the usage stats above indicate it’s a reasonable choice without being overpowered.

Done.

No changes. The 0 damage sharing change was independently made around the time of this post, so usage data is outdated. Will revisit this after a couple of weeks.

:medal_sports: :medal_sports: :medal_sports: :medal_sports: :medal_sports: Idea

26 Likes

B3: 350 → 375

Bro, are you even reading the topic’s date? It was dead until you revived it again!

1 Like

I bump it for 1 reason tho.

Is the topic locked?
No? Then it shouldn’t be considered dead.

I disagree with that one.

1. I don’t think Vulcan needs a buff on high power (19700 dps would be way too much).
  2. Yeah, the progression isn’t completely linear, but it’s fine.
5 Likes

So it’s now been a couple months.

How are we feeling about Absolver, everyone? (And what does the usage data look like now, btw? For all weapons)

3 Likes

Usage hasn’t really changed. This is from 1st-15th December.

8 Likes

I’d like to suggest a damage nerf for plasma, and a longer overheat time.
3920 damage is just overdoing it.

2 Likes

Haven’t tested these numbers, I’m just eyeballing it.

• Damage scaling: 1,25 (some ugly numbers on :zap:1 and :zap:3 , bit higher damage than the old values (16250 vs 15600).
  • AoE multiplier: 0,2 (a bit over half as much damage as the old pre-buff AoE, what do you reckon?)
  • Overheat time: probably 7 seconds, could maybe be pushed to 7,5 due to the low rate of fire (and therefore faster effective overheat)

Overall, the premise of the buff was so that Plasma wouldn’t be rubbish against bosses. The problem, of course, is that giving it more raw damage screws with its balance in regular waves. The old 15600 DPS was acceptable pre-overdrive, because you could just use manual and have a 13 second overheat time to compensate for the sub-par damage output. I thought that giving it 19.5k would work, but it’s just straight up busted.

I guess you could[citation needed] bring the scaling back to 1,2 (same 15600 dps), AoE multiplier of 0,3 or thereabouts and make it so that bosses take damage from both the beam and the AoE. Or you could add the damage ramp back, but make it so that it either only works on bosses or always resets on target change.

6 Likes

I noticed that any auto-lock weapons (especially Plasma and Positron) are comparatively superior than non auto-lock weapons in non-boss waves. This is more noticable in ironman challenge. I suspect this is because they gurantee hit while most enemies become very deadly to come nearby.

TL;DR: they’re strong by design.

Even I, a frequent user of vulcan chaingun, I consider it excessive

I can see the changes there.

Can we buff the firerate of moron-railgun?

As if it isn’t fast enough already

I watch Davoid 's video and I see the old moron-railgun’s firerate is faster than the new one.

It was too strong before and couldn’t even overheat at low firepower level.

June 23 - July 7

Only takes into account players with 9+ hours flight time

13 Likes

Wow, Positron as shot wayy up. Plasma still remains pretty low, but I wonder how the graph would look when taking into account successful attempts at higher difficulty levels. Also, Absolver isn’t the least used weapon anymore? That’s surprising. I think it has to do with newer players, more casual players using it because it’s more fun to use.

1 Like

Woah, didnt think Laser Cannon is the least popular weapon, even lower than Corn.