CIU is a game that has more than 100 waves, most of them are pretty good, but of course, there are some that would benefit from some adjustments.
Hi, I’m a flaming gator, and today we talk about the next two waves: The Magic Flute and The Weakest Link. (Wave Honing Operation. (WHO) ).
Starting with The Magic Flute, it’s just another boring wave. Not absurdly long, but still boring.
Possible solutions for this are:
- Removing one of the 3 first phases;
- Removing 2 enemies from each spawned row;
And well, I can’t think about anytihng else without breaking the flute concept, but these may get the job done as well.
Now The Weakest Link breaks up the trend of boring and long waves; it has come across as mundane and tedious.
Possible solutions for this:
- Scaling down the healt multiplyer for barries;
- Replacing one barrier in every row with a chick, simmetrically.
- Making the screen zoom out, and designing the wave like a maze, where the chicks act as “fake walls” that you have to destroy in order to progress;
Now that wouldn’t be mundane at all (or at least it would be an improvement.
Those are my solutions for now. I would like to hear your take on this wave and other possible problems with it, possible solutions and flaws in my propositions. Next Time: The last 3 waves.