The position of several planets

Uh… physics are broken in CIU

2 Likes

I think it should be fixed.

Its not like the galaxy in the game should look exactly like ‘‘Universe Sandbox’’.

3 Likes

But i think the game should be made more make sense (despite the fact many things aren’t)

2 Likes

Yeah, IA really should lose plenty of time for stupid tweaks like this, instead to fix something or even better… new content, new mechanics ect.

2 Likes

Few days won’t be a big difference given the current state of development. Look at this:

We didn’t get a single new thing since EA v 30 and that’s nearly 3 months.

2 Likes

I think the proximity to sun isn’t related to the temperature. Think of Venus and Mercury, Venus is hotter than Mercury, but it is further to the Sun.

3 Likes

And, I might add, Mercury does actually have water ice on it. So I’m not really bothered by this issue either.

In the deep meteorite craters?

I am talking about the really cold planet. Its temperature is 175 K (-98 degrees C).Entire this planet is ice ,but it is quite near the sun. About Mercury, it near the sun ,it very cold at night: 100 K (-173⁰C), but very hot at day :700 K (427⁰C). It only has ice at the poles.

`

Mercury is always day in one side and always night in the other.

This. The day/night cycle is not super exact (some parts have day/night on horizon but there are like solar “poles” that always face one way) but I’m pretty sure it’s surface ice - it was photographed from a satellite which is how they found out about it.

It’s not a lot, but the point still stands that distance to star isn’t always indicative of geographical features (even those that relate to temperature).

Let’s see:
The surface temperature of Mercury ranges from 100 to 700 K (−173 to 427 °C; −280 to 800 °F)[18] at the most extreme places: 0°N, 0°W, or 180°W. It never rises above 180 K at the poles,[12] due to the absence of an atmosphere and a steep temperature gradient between the equator and the poles. The subsolar point reaches about 700 K during perihelion (0°W or 180°W), but only 550 K at aphelion (90° or 270°W).[65] On the dark side of the planet, temperatures average 110 K.[12][66] The intensity of sunlight on Mercury’s surface ranges between 4.59 and 10.61 times the solar constant (1,370 W·m−2).[67]

Although the daylight temperature at the surface of Mercury is generally extremely high, observations strongly suggest that ice (frozen water) exists on Mercury. The floors of deep craters at the poles are never exposed to direct sunlight, and temperatures there remain below 102 K; far lower than the global average.[68] Water ice strongly reflects radar, and observations by the 70-meter Goldstone Solar System Radar and the VLA in the early 1990s revealed that there are patches of high radar reflection near the poles.[69] Although ice was not the only possible cause of these reflective regions, astronomers think it was the most likely.[70]

The icy regions are estimated to contain about 1014–1015 kg of ice,[71] and may be covered by a layer of regolith that inhibits sublimation.[72] By comparison, the Antarctic ice sheet on Earth has a mass of about 4×1018 kg, and Mars’s south polar cap contains about 1016 kg of water.[71] The origin of the ice on Mercury is not yet known, but the two most likely sources are from outgassing of water from the planet’s interior or deposition by impacts of comets.[71]

Mercury is too small and hot for its gravity to retain any significant atmosphere over long periods of time; it does have a tenuous surface-bounded exosphere[73] containing hydrogen, helium, oxygen, sodium, calcium, potassium and others at a surface pressure of less than approximately 0.5 nPa (0.005 picobars).[14] This exosphere is not stable—atoms are continuously lost and replenished from a variety of sources. Hydrogen atoms and helium atoms probably come from the solar wind, diffusing into Mercury’s magnetosphere before later escaping back into space. Radioactive decay of elements within Mercury’s crust is another source of helium, as well as sodium and potassium. MESSENGER found high proportions of calcium, helium, hydroxide, magnesium, oxygen, potassium, silicon and sodium. Water vapor is present, released by a combination of processes such as: comets striking its surface, sputtering creating water out of hydrogen from the solar wind and oxygen from rock, and sublimation from reservoirs of water ice in the permanently shadowed polar craters. The detection of high amounts of water-related ions like O+, OH−, and H3O+ was a surprise.[74][75] Because of the quantities of these ions that were detected in Mercury’s space environment, scientists surmise that these molecules were blasted from the surface or exosphere by the solar wind.[76][77]

On November 29, 2012, NASA confirmed that images from MESSENGER had detected that craters at the north pole contained water ice. MESSENGER 's principal investigator Sean Solomon is quoted in The New York Times estimating the volume of the ice to be large enough to “encase Washington, D.C., in a frozen block two and a half miles deep”.[64][c]
(So, Mercury is both cold and hot because its atmosphere is so thin, almost none. So the ice at the poles cannot melt or evaporate.)

How would this affect the gameplay? No, for real, you try way too hard.
There is absolutely 0 reason to try this hard to apply real-life logic into a game, especially a game whose purpose is killing chickens and now also exploring a galaxy that is VIRTUAL, NOT REAL.

If the game were to be realistic, the planets would be so insanely bigger that you would have a VERY hard time finding your own ship and also it would need an insane amount of time to apply all the parameters such as planet type and colour to the galaxy, time that could be used for things much more useful, such as weapon balancing, new content or bugs.

Please don’t try so hard trying to find logic or applying it in a game, especially one that is not focused on astronomy. Just try to enjoy it.

4 Likes

There is no point of explaining. Its obvious that this guy wont accept that. This is pointless just like talking to flatearther that the earth is round.

Then how did he mark Alucard answer as solution?

How would I know?

WITH LOGIC.

If he accepted this as a solution then it means that he accepts it as an answer to his problem.

Somehow I cant see who did the solution :frowning: .

This. It’s not KSP, it’s CI.