Project VIBRANT - Starfield recolor & background assigning

Hi.

This topic is a revised version of the old topic. That topic requires more textures which it’s not worth it. This topic will have 2 proposals. Forgive my English here.

PROPOSAL #1: PROJECT VIBRANT*

*Vibrant might not be the correct word but whatever, they’re all related to colors.

Now firstly, what is this vibrant project? It’s a proposal to recolor the starfields to have more color, replacing the current “Monochromatic filter” recoloring. Now I know why is the current is nice and simple to handle but I don’t like how it is right now:

• Too dark: The recolors were too dark while the darkness recolor is brighter than the others, ruining my experience.
  • Too flat: The single color on the starfields make me dislike it more.
  • The old recolor was better: This one is self-explanatory (at least for the veterans). More colors, brighter, beautiful. I’m sure that could be better if they handle all the new starfields right. I might suggest a revert too, though it might not get accepted because how “buggy” it was.

Project VIBRANT here gives a better way to recolor the starfields with different RGB and various filter/blend mode while introducing more colors into the galactic battlefield. No grayscale or any extra color channel needed! And give all the current grayscale hell to the “Low Detail” mode (no offense). There are few things to note:

• The recolor doesn’t always need to be the same color. If there is a green (as for retro) in other recolors, it’s ok.
  • Darkness backgrounds are supposed to be dark, even if they are completely black: lol?

Now let’s get right into it.

VIBRANT I: SUB-ZERO

The first in the project vibrant featuring Frost Man. The colder it goes, the more blue the background. Uses “Overlay” blend mode. Some starfields will have green effects and it’s ok.

Gallery

VIBRANT II: HEAT BLAST

The second vibrant when hot is in play. The color goes from red to orange the hotter it gets. Uses “Color” blend mode. It’s basically the current recolor with extra steps (and no darkening).

Gallery

TO BE ADDED

VIBRANT III: HELIOS, GOD OF THE SUN

The Yatagarasu is coming… The third vibrant happens when Hot and Massive is in play (mostly happens on the sun). Basically the continuation of the second vibrant. Still uses the “Color” blend mode, just hotter and yellower.

Gallery

TO BE ADDED

VIBRANT IV: DYING UNIVERSE

Things will go dim for the current and the next two vibrants. The fourth vibrant is for Darkness missions. Uses “Overlay” blend to make things extra dark. The harder the mission, the darker the starfield.

Gallery

TO BE ADDED

VIBRANT V: COLD AND DARK

Not to be confused with Cold and Dark (background). This vibrant is when Frozen is in play with Darkness missions. Uses the “Multiply” blend mode, the harder the darker.

Gallery

TO BE ADDED

VIBRANT VI: THERMO/NYCTOPHOBIA

Similiar to the previous one, uses “Multiply” blend and harder = darker. Note: Some of the starfields with this vibrant are almost to completely black.

Gallery

TO BE ADDED

VIBRANT VII: SPACE BURGER PARADISE

Paradise for the fast food fans and the Authentic Hero. Uses “Hue” blend mode. The longer the mission, the brighter the starfield. Note: Cold and Dark doesn’t change anything because Hue mode doesn’t affect monochrome pictures.

Gallery

TO BE ADDED

VIBRANT VIII: NOSTALGIA

Retro life. Uses the “Color” blend. Starts with spring green. The harder the mission, the more green it gets till it’s completely green.

Gallery

TO BE ADDED

That’s all for the Project VIBRANTs. Now the next proposal.

PROPOSAL #2: STARFIELD ASSIGNING

When you don’t have any starfield equipped, it’s always with the same default starfield (unless it’s anniversary or retro). This second proposal will assign all 12 starfields into the gameplay like the musics without having to equip them instead of just being some DLC/optional things (this DOESN’T mean the option to equip backgrounds should be removed)

Note: the starfields are assigned per stage

• Chicken Invasion (exlcuding "Your First Mission) will randomize between:

• Default CIU
    • Caribbean Tornado
    • CI5 Background
  • Boss Rush will randomize between:

• Default CIU
    • Rosette Nebula
    • Perseus Molecular Cloud
    • Aglow with Dust
    • CI2 Background
  • Comet Chase will randomize between:

• Caribbean Tornado
    • Aglow with Dust
    • CI3 Background
  • Supernova will randomize between:

• Rosette Nebula
    • CI4 Background
  • Droid Raid will randomize between:

• Cold and Dark
    • Aglow with Dust
    • CI4 Background
  • Squawk Block will randomize between:

• Default CIU
    • Aglow with Dust
    • CI2 Background
    • CI3 Background
    • CI4 Background
  • Retro will only have:

• CI4 Retro
  • Darkness will only have:

• Cold and Dark
  • Anniversary will only have:

• CI1 Background
  • Key Rush will randomize between:

• CIU Background
    • Caribbean Tornado
    • Cold and Dark
    • Rosette Nebula
    • Aglow with Dust
  • Feather Fields will randomize between:

• Caribbean Tornado
    • Rosette Nebula
    • CI4 Background
  • Hybrid will randomize between:

• ALL starfields available, no exceptions.
  • Ironman will randomize between:

• Rosette Nebula
  • Double Team will only have:

‐—

zzz…wait, what time is it? where am i…? oh, OH! Right, this is the conclusion of the proposals. I put a lot of unnecessary effort and the gallery is unfinished (which I am adding them in). Some people say, this topic is filled with unnecessary suggestions then ok…I don’t blame you, it’s just the background that you won’t look anyway. bye, now I go to sleep again.

Rate the Project Vibrant

0 voters

Rate the Background Assigning

0 voters

Reply in this topic about your suggestions.

13 Likes

That looks awesome
But about the harder easier and longer shorter things I don’t think it’s necessary

Great. This was your idea…

1 Like

I am going to remake this topic for one last time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.