Alternative names: Egg Drone Mk-II / Egg Core
- It is the supposed egg drone’s twin, with upgraded weapons.
- Comes in two forms: its egg form and its offensive form.
- Its health is indicated by the color of its yolk (core) with red-orange being the lowest one.
- It is on its egg form when uninterrupted from any attacks, but it transforms into its offensive form when hit.
- The drone and its turrets aim at the player if they continuously attack it, but after a short while of not being attacked it will revert back on its egg form.
- Fire frequency is slightly slower than a Security Droid.
- It works as a substitute for any minibosses for more difficult missions.
- Attacks can be either neutron gun or laser cannon (with warning ping) on most difficult missions.
- Optional: When enclosed on a bubble, any hit on it will trigger the droid changing to its offensive form.
Here’s a pic showing its attack:
Larger than a Egg Drone but smaller than the Metallic Egg.
Only moves sideways and fires every short while.
It can only fire while it’s on open form and stays on a fixed place while doing that.
It can tilt itself to fire either at a random direction or towards the player.
It can only move while it’s on closed form and immune to all kinds of damage.
Has 4 turrets (on the sketch) and fires purple beams. The frequency and speed of the beam depends on the difficulty level.
Periodically it fires laser cannon (like on Space Crab’s) instead of the usual purple beams. It charges itself for a short while make the player prepare for it. Not included in the sketch though.
Optional: The number of drones appearing at a time also depends on the difficulty level. One on Tourist up to three on Superstar Hero (currently the highest difficulty). The screen zooms out as well.
That’s all for a mini boss. Suggestions are welcome but should not be complicated.