My opinion on some waves Continued

Since the original was closed, I decided to clone it with a few additions.

1. High Speed Chase: A very long wave and quite frankly a bad one. It’s boring, lame and doesn’t really entertain neither the pros not the noobs. I really don’t like it. Update: IA did make the wave half as long but IMO it’s still boring.

2. Four Lane Merge: I hate this wave nearly as much as Highway Chase if not for it’s slightly more interesting mechanic. Still don’t like it though.

3. Raise the Curtain: Lots of chickens and relatively short, it’s a fun wave that yields lots of reward. I love this wave a lot

4. Terminator Chickens: This is a challenging but fun wave that’ll keep you on your toes. I do kinda despise this wave for it’s difficulty but I usually get over it.

5. Nasty Surprise: I really despise this wave. You have to slowly take out the eggs without hatching an overwhelming amount of Aliens. On masse these aliens are dangerous with lasers that have some decent spread.

6. Chicken Fractals: It’s a good wave with lots of chickens, the unsatisfying part is when a few chicken avoids your opening barrage and the central bomb exploding. I like it somewhat.

7. Pulsating Grid: A bad wave for people with bad motor skills but for the rest of us, it’s rather fun. Lots of chickens and quite a lot of action as well with a tankload of food that you can collect but be careful not to get too greedy as you could ram into a chicken pretty easily if you’re not careful. Decently risky and high reward, I like this wave a lot.

8. The Weakest Link: Another wave not suitable for people with bad motor skills. It’s tedious, rather lengthy and rather mundane. Sometimes you run into a ninja chicken and frantically try to kill it but aside from that scare, it’s not anything wonderful. A meh wave IMO

9. Let The Games Begin: It has a fun mechanic but other than that it’s mundane. One time in the v9-10 days, the spectators were all Chickenauts and it ruined my weekly challenge attempt. I kinda dig it.

10. Asteroids: Their angle of approach varies and
    affects how challenging this wave is as does the speed. Highly sloped asteroids are hard and in a somewhat cheap way in that you are screwed unless you use a spread weapon. I really don’t have many good things to say but that doesn’t mean it isn’t satisfying to destroy some space rocks.

11. Energy Fences: Whilst I love shooting down barriers, this wave is just too long, the thing seems to go on for most of a whole minute. And there are only 4-8 enemies at once. Very unsatisfying.

12. Rolling Ball of chickens: this wave is quite unsatisfying in low difficulty mode since they’re all chicks. It goes on for a while as well, thankfully in higher difficulties you get to kill a lot of enemies. A mixed bag IMO

13. Chicken Roulette: On lower difficulties, this wave is kinda gun but when you have mini bosses in them, it gets very hard. There’s little space to maneuver around and unless you have some good handling, you might need satellites and even superweapons. My fix would be to remove the chicken Roulette waves with the Chickenauts and Armored Eggships. Even though I hate the Gatling roulette wave a lot, it does require actual skill instead of being solely RNG. Said wave needs to be the maximum difficulty variant

This is it for now. If I get enough attention from you guys, I’ll make my verdict on more waves. And keep in mind this is my opinion. Your opinion can vary. Please be respectful in the comments below. And don’t forget to tell your opinions on various waves down below.

3 Likes
  1. The chickenauts are a thing related to difficulty, there’s not much we can do without changing all the waves.
  2. Highly sloped asteroids are kinda fun, you can just try to avoid them and the pressure from doing that is amazing, in my opinion.

There are lots of things that I wanted to say, but I really wanted every waves are ROTATABLE and MIRRORABLE because a wave that you can memorize where would it comes from is lame, at least for me. Also being able to be RANDOMIZED its sequence in waves like Cardinality of Four, Caught by Surprise, Hend Game would be great and surprising.

• The most underwhelming wave

Armored Division

• The most annoying wave

Weaving through Traffic (because I can’t get clean sweep here)

And I want every waves from previous game return, except Reinforcement, I don’t like it.

2 Likes

Yes, please.

Also, do note that a difficult wave does not mean a bad wave. I’d like some of the given waves to be adjusted as well.

1 Like

Aka pulsating grid, at least in the higher difficulties

3 Likes

My laggy internet is costing me a lot, how do I take back a flag.

1 Like
  1. I really like the upcoming change, something I’ve been waiting pretty long for.
  2. I actually really like this wave. It can give you a lot of Pecking Order bonuses in the Easy Daily, but it requires very swift and accurate movement to clear all chickens with the bonuses.
  3. Okayish wave, but always makes me waste time realizing I have destroyed an UFO too high, denying the Clean Sweep bonus.
  4. This wave I find really long and boring on high difficulties. Simple as that.
  5. The worst wave ever. Ugh, I often just want to surrender once I see this wave.
  6. Agree with you.
  7. One of the hardest waves on higher difficulties, especially with a UFO and miniboss spam. And the UFO’s pilots ALWAYS ram directly into you. Ugh.
  8. This wave is one of the ways to reach #1 on the Daily Challenges. How do you manage to die there?
  9. IMO Football needs to see more waves.
  10. An unpleasant angle makes me diagnose my BX-9 with dead.
  11. Agree here as well.
  12. On low difficulty it’s actually a lot more satisfying, as you can get all pecking orders easily.
1 Like

Does anybody think that “The Magic Flute” takes too long?

2 Likes

This wave appears very rarely for me. So I can’t really much about it.

Okay I forgot about that wave as well, and yes it’s way too long.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.