Mission Message (custom Death/Victory message)

because im too lazy to write anything else

2 Likes

U can write memes in there

EX: megalovania, super idol,…

4 Likes

This idea feels like the natural extension of the widely suggested idea of adding custom quips.

Since those times, I did realize the drawback of custom texts and why iA may not want to add them into the game, there’s gonna be users who make inappropriate or offensive stuff and censoring them is gonna be really difficult unless iA changes their policy on online play, thus allowing such offensive content.

That being said, 69% of me still supports this idea.

6 Likes

Mission Messages are only visible to the one who equipped it, just like color themes

3 Likes

There’s still the problem of users who record or stream their gameplay that could contain such stuff. Even if the problem is circumventable by just switching to normal mission messages, there are gonna be a few people who’ll disobey.

3 Likes

It’s literally the same as editing rude text in your video

2 Likes

bump because i need feedback

how about instead of a custom death message, there be a subtext under ‘‘Mission Failed!’’ telling you how you died, cus half the time i can’t see what killed me:

‘’ Mission Failed!
Died by falling UFO Saucer ‘’

8 Likes

Minecraft reference?

1 Like

Mission Failed
“Death by a toxic cloud whilst trying to dodge slob’s and coward’s projectiles”

Mission failed
“Henterpirse laser killed you”
“Killed by Yolk star, while dodging coward chickens”

just add funny messages/roasts/cheers something every time you win/lose like that instead of customizing, it’s kinda weird.

Mission Failed
“We’ll get them next time…”

4 Likes

Mission Failed
“ucho.”
“Congratulation! You successfully won the mission! Just kidding you lost.”
some funny quotes

2 Likes

Why didn’t I see this before?
This is absolutely nice bro!!

Kind of funny to look at

1 Like

Was going to bring this up too. I like this suggestion, but I’d rather have custom quips than mission messages, personally.

I don’t think the policy will change given a significant portion of the game’s audience will be children.

That said:

• Quips and mission messages are both local - other players can’t see these, so there’s no huge danger in allowing them.
  • The game already allows for custom text in callsigns and spaceship names, not to mention having a built-in translation engine(!), so it’s not as though this would be a huge step away from that. (And yes, streamers, and yes, trueuser has a point here. You could edit the video or mod the game to have bad content in there, if you were so inclined.)

tl;dr: I don’t think that there’s a strong argument against custom text entry (especially for client-only display) given the precedents that have already been set.

This is also a great idea. Could be entertaining in multiplayer, too. Probably not the easiest thing to code, though.

5 Likes

Did you just rickrolled me

Me with these

Win
That’s illegal

Lose
Why are we here just to suffer every night

Since entering the space store, I have not seen any chat entries and death notices😥

Nope, you wouldn’t to getting the message themes that cuz the idea it would be ready until the developer of the game’s himself it would looking forward on it to becoming as an newest feature to an newest version of the game if aware.

thank