Missile Stike Mission Type

Remember those missile strikes on CI3, I would like like to adapt is as a mission type (similar on darkness mission).

Features:

• Missiles spawn at a position whenever the player is facing at. On default it would be on the top side. It changes as the ship angle changes, like from anomalies.
  • These missiles will target the current player position where a danger zone will appear. Upon reaching the target, it will explode leaving a small AoE explosion.
  • The player can destroy the missile while at trajectory but will yield 0 points.
  • This a new mission type, so can expect these on massive environments, etc.
16 Likes

A simple yet appreciable idea. I want them CI3 missiles!
Also, I remember ya, you’ve made a lot of cool waves!

1 Like

i’m not sure if it would be interesting enough for players to play through up to 14 of these waves in a row

5 Likes

Actually, since OP compared them to darkness missions, I presume that this is a modifier that’s just applied to regular waves. Not a mission consisting of one specific wave like comet chases and meteor storms.

5 Likes

Thanks, I already had some waves in mind but will post them soon.

As GgWw said, it’s a wave modifier. Waves will appear normally but will added annoying missile strikes. That would also mean a new accompanying boss.

Added some pics on topic and edited some points.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think having it as a modifier is a bad idea. I feel that missiles should appear at higher difficulties in between waves, like lightning strikes, to break the flow of waves.

1 Like

Then missiles would have to not appear in specific scenarios, like in waves where you have pretty much no space to move.

1 Like

Yeah, they should have the same spawning conditions as lightning strikes.

There are conditions for them? What are they? Sorry, I just never heard of them before

1 Like

As far as I understand, they never strike at the current player position. Though banning missiles from certain waves is probably a better solution.

How is that supposed to work with repeatable lightning strikes in competitive missions though?

I made a statement loosely based on an anectodal observation and I did not expect to have to defend it. Anyway, I think the missiles shouldn’t spawn in waves where you have to stay in the middle.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.