Hey guys! So a while back I came up with a rather interesting concept for an idea, it all revolves on weapons. Now, instead of this idea being just a new weapon, this will add chace to the mix and bring a randomizing gift.
The Random Weapon gift would be collectable just like any other weapon in the game, but as previously stated, this is NOT a new weapon in it’s own, it’s just a way to add randomness to them.
The gift itself would be distinguishable from other gifts for its special rainbow design, like the one below. Yes, I had the decency to make a mockup this time around .
Once this item is collected, a random weapon will be selected, knowing how things can turn out, I made two ideas for such.
OPTION A: WEAPON ROULETTE
In this concept, once the rainbow gift has been collected, an icon will appear above the spacecraft, cycling through all of the game’s available weapons. (pictured below)
In the image above, you can see the Neutron Gun icon above the ship, for future reference, the weapon icons will use the colors from their respective gifts, and their inventory icons.
Do not that, albeit the image is still, you CANNOT cycle through the weapons manually, instead, the game will cycle through them AUTOMATICALLY.
Now for the question you’re probably asking: How do you select a weapon? While the roulette is on-screen, press the FIRE button to stop it, and wherever it lands it’ll be the weapon to be selected.
OPTION B: AUTOMATIC CHANGE
This one explains itself, the weapon will just be picked automatically without any confirmation from the player. I had this idea as an emergency in case the weapon roulette couldn’t be implemented.
The random weapon gift will give players a random weapon out of any of the ones in the game.
- Can give access to weapons that haven’t been unlocked yet
- If lucky enough, it might also give you a powerful weapon
- Entirely luck-based
- The Moron Railgun IS included as part of the roster
- CANNOT be neither purchased from the shop nor mounted onto spacecrafts, this isn’t a weapon of its own!
- Collecting the gift itself DOES NOT give extra points
- Will likely be rarer than normal gifts
As for the randomizer’s look, regarding option A:
- Prior to the weapon being selected, it shows players what weapon it’ll be
- Unless you got some satellites or superweapons in handy, it leaves you vulnerable
And as for option B:
- Does not require any user input at all
- Doesn’t warn you what weapon will be chosen
Please let me know of your opinion, especially if there’s anything I need to change. With that said, hope you enjoyed at least reading through!