This is a concept for a normal enemy which I’ll call x 'cuz I don’t have a name for it.
- The artwork for x ſhould be baſed off of that of a normal chicken, with ſome identifying feature (I’m not ſure what, ſo if anyone has any ideas…).
- X ſhould be at leaﬅ as ﬅrong as the ones in CI5 that ſhoot purple ſquigglies (ſorry, i don’t know what they’re really called).
- X ſhould not have any attack normally.
- When one x is hit, it flies at a fairly faﬅ pace to wherever the hero was when the ſhot hit the x, ﬅays there for about one ſecond, and flies at half the ſpeed back to its original location (or wherever it’d be had it not flown at all).
- When one x is hit, all the xs on the ſcreen drop three eggs one after another in quick ſucceſſion, the firﬅ beïng releaſed at the moment of the hit.
- When one x is killed, all the other xs on the ſcreen drop five eggs inﬅead of the uſual three, the 2nd and 4th aimed at the player.
While killing on x ſhouldn’t be that hard, if there are too many on the ſcreen it’s impoſſible (not counting miſſiles, unlimited lives, &c.). Thus, when ſprinkled ſparingly in levels, they can render an otherwiſe eaſy level ſomewhat more difficult and make for a more intereﬅing game.
An intereﬅing point about theſe is that when they are uſed in a level with other chickens (as they are intended to be), the level will favor the uſe of preciſion weaponry becauſe it’s leſs likely to hit the xs unneceſſarily.