a very experimental idea came to my mind which revolves around playing on a large field.
basically, such a mission would only have 1 wave, but the virtual resolution is about 20000x20000 to 100 000x100 000 pixels, which means that there are hundreds and thousands of enemies on the screen at one (enemies and bosses).
- When you move close to the border of the viewport, it scrolls.
- All enemies are spawned on the start, at once
- there is 1 wave
- enemies and bosses are spawned randomly
- you can zoom in and out yourself by using the mouse wheel
- the player rotates automatically or by pressing a key? (think of a twin stick shooter)
Does this look like a possible concept, or is it too exotic? Is it possible performance-wise?
I’d like to hear your opinion as this is quite unusual for CI and I don’t know if it could fit.