šŸŒŽ How to translate the game

Nope. That doesnā€™t fix anything. Restarted the game multiple times and still nothing.

1 Like

Hold on, lemme refresh once again. It worked sometimes and back to English the others.
Edit: Yup, itā€™s back to English.

Log out and get back without restarting the game itself.

2 Likes

Oh. Now it works.
Weird.

The League text is still in English, though.

Almost all strings get reloaded when you rejoin the galaxy.

1 Like

Try alt f4 and return

someone didnā€™t read the rules

idk who they are, but theyā€™re definitely finished

the wave literally translates to a fucking dark wormhole

8 Likes

Ban without mercy

2 Likes

Apparantly, itā€™s ho den v1, which means Blackhole v1 :v

1 Like

it still doesnā€™t meet the standards though, the original thing is black hole skipping

1 Like

Question to everyone that translate in Polish: do you use wave/weapon/satellits/etc. names from older games that were in Polish? Iā€™m asking, because I would try to rename some names to be more pun-oriented (if the English name has one).

Already translated all waves to Polish, and yes Iā€™ve used translations from previous games because they were already good enough. As for the new waves, I went creative and tried to make them have the same taste as in previously translated games.
Iā€™ve polished weapons and satellite names to sound more clear and less awkward. Especially the Riddler.

2 Likes

yay

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not an option.

Iā€™ve added some partial RTL support when editing, and Iā€™ll tackle the ā€œseparated lettersā€ later.

Anything you canā€™t translate, itā€™s preferrable to just leave it empty. Someone else will see it and come up with a better translation.

Yes it has, in v.71.2

Iā€™m looking into this

This has been fixed in v.72

Iā€™ll fix this in v.72

Thai has the same problem, apparently. Unsure if/how it can be fixed yet.

Nice catch :+1: fixed

You need to logout/login to refresh your Inbox. Read the instructions.

Well, not to toot my own horn, but Iā€™m quite proud of how this turned out. Itā€™s not the most comprehensive thing (just look at all the problems with various non-Latin languages), but this level of integration and near-instant translation feedback is unprecedented, I think.

The server sends you messages using the language from your last game session. As soon as you press Ctrl+T, your language becomes Italian. If you want to revert to receiving English messages, you should launch the game and login/logout without pressing Ctrl+T.

Nothing, for now. I think there will eventually need to be a second phase where the current ā€œmost popularā€ translation will be handed to a ā€œtrustedā€ native speaker (or even a professional translation company) for a top-to-bottom review.

Part of the problem is that the gameā€™s text is currently in a state of flux, so any attempt to nail down a translation would be a foolā€™s errand.

I canā€™t just start supporting arbitrary languages. What you say is a possibility, but sufficient demand for it would first need to be demonstrated.

No, not at all. The gameā€™s rating is 7+ and children as young as 3 play it. And then thereā€™s the various religious adults that complain when you use ā€œhellā€ or even ā€œdamn itā€ :roll_eyes:

Itā€™s a bug, fixed in the main v.71 thread

Looks like a misplaced line break |. Move it so that itā€™s outside the double quotes ā€œā€¦ā€

Hmm. These messages are coming from the server. Fixed in v.72

You need to logout/login

Restarting wonā€™t fix it. You need to login, press Ctrl+T, then logout/login without restarting in between.

11 Likes

All in favour of adding Hodor as a language?

• Yes
0 voters
2 Likes

Hodor

Hodor

Next person gets banned. :smirk:

34 Likes

Duly noted. Gotta keep the kiddies safe and the religious folks, uh, not triggered?
(i couldnā€™t think of a better word for a replacement. :Š”)

1 Like

More than that is to follow the PEGI ratings and have family friendly language, so modulate the language. Is just that