🌎 How to translate the game

Also this is very important to translate

By the way, the “Important”, “Events” and “Notifications” translations don’t seem to be working.

As a native English speaker, I unfortunately don’t have much to contribute to this, but I did want to say how awesome it is that the game has a built-in translation engine - yet another QoL feature of CIU that I’ve literally never seen before in another game.

2 Likes

iA, what’s my “New assignment” translation doing in the English version?

1 Like

Mail is a simple message, it won’t change after you’ve got it.

1 Like

Two questions:

Something that seems important to consider - what’s to stop a maliciously-minded translator slipping something “bad” into an infrequently-appearing message without it being noticed? Could be problematic if the game leaves EA only to find that a certain translation has something offensive in it. Is there going to be some sort of vetting process, or a confirmation of the translation’s legitimacy, somehow?
(I know this is similar to Francis’ question toward the top of the topic, but it’s one thing to vet out obviously “bad” stuff, and another to have it put in rare or infrequent messages that most of the community won’t see).

And for a slightly less serious question: even though I don’t plan on doing this, would a serious, complete translation into a fictional language (say, Sindarin) be permissible, or would that be considered a “joke” translation? I’ve certainly played games that have things like this slipped into the language options (even Google has some stuff like this, though it also has some things that are undeniably “joke” languages, so that’s not a great example).

1 Like

I was just gonna ask about if any vulgarity is allowed. Like, nothing serious, but being a little rough can give it some effect.

Though, judging by the style of the game, it won’t fit at all.

Also, holy shit. The update dropped!?

I need to get my university assignments done quickly and sit my ass down someday.
:Д

I didn’t necessarily mean vulgar language specifically - it could be anything from gibberish to offensive stuff - I was just wondering what was to stop that from slipping through the “community” filter. Generally, when anything is open to the public (especially online) you have to be careful of the 0.1% who will abuse the system as creatively as possible.

2 Likes

@InterAction_studios
What’s this?
(It’s in the English version).

1 Like

Most likely it will either gather support intentionally, so it is added.
Or it will be downvoted so it doesn’t.

I don’t know the probability of either.
But it’s to be taken into consideration.

About the vulgarity thing: I think it can be easily avoided if there’s a log of translation changes accessable to the translators. That way if one or two people don’t do anything about a third can. It’s a pretty easy option.

1 Like

iA, we think we messed up something, can you help us a bit

This was posted by @ShardNguyen, one of my VN translation team member

You’ve probably misplaced “|” in the line.

2 Likes

Welp, I translated a few things. The Hindi accents still won’t attach, but I still let the stay just in case it gets patched in the future. Here’s an example:

The “player has not logged in recently” prompt isn’t translated despite putting text in the tool.

Any workarounds? I restarted the game multiple times but that still doesn’t fix anything.

Edit: This also doesn’t work despite the translation was put in the tool.

Does the “Can’t zoom in any further” translation also not work? I tried translating and it didn’t work.

Yup. These don’t work either.

2 Likes

They worked for me in v71.1

3 Likes

Weird, it works now after I reloaded game. Maybe try it?