How did you find about Chicken invaders?

Exploring the “My Computer” in Windows XP when I was 3, saw a folder called “Games”, immediately clicked on it. The folder had Feeding Frenzy 2, CI2, CI3 and maybe some other PopCap games.

I tried every game and liked them all, the best one was CI3 though :slight_smile: .

I skipped all the cutscenes because I don’t know English at the time and clicked on random buttons until it worked, that’s how I learned the controls lol

I did not know that you can pause at the time, so every time I want to quit the game, I commit sudoku on my ship (sorry lives). I discovered pausing while playing CI5, which is like years later :frowning: .

I did not beat CI3, got stuck at the Mysterious Ship :frowning:

3 Likes

I had a cd with a compilation of many games, CI1 included. Later on I got another cd with CI3 and CI3 xmas trials. Plus played the J2ME version at one point there. Many years after played ci2, ci3, ci4 in full. Good games

1 Like

I had a ton of games back then + flash games

I had zuma and feeding frenzy

I didn’t finish zuma at all when i was 4 years old i would be stuck

I finished it not a long ago 2 or 3 years i think

Feeding frenzy i had a finished load of the games so i can play any level i wanted

I actually watched cutscenes but I didn’t understand anything

I think i had problems with quitting the game back then if i quit the game i think i lose power , lives and chickens

When i got stuck at mysterious ship i told my mom’s sister and she told me to use my rockets on it

That is how i beated it

same (I don’t understand English)

1 Like

No one helps me play CI
It’s only my dad who just sits next to me and watch, he doesn’t really understand, but tries to support me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Every computer shop sold them for a low price

My parents did get one of these after they bought the pc

Some of my childhood games from this cd and some of them were from the internet

My dad actually played with me age of empire 2

He actually downloaded it on my pc from a flash drive
And he played it with me

If i got stuck with my army i would ask him
then he helps me out and continue playing for me
it was so funny and nice

After reading @Stardrone’s comment I realized that was just 5he beginning. When I diwcovered CEC, I soon knew about other iA games. I specially liked Piggly. Because of that I purchased the complete version of it. Years later, my father installed CI3 and CI5 Halloween and I started playing them. I went to iA’s website and downloaded the demos there. Later, while I searched for images of Chicken Invaders games on Google, I found images by Rigas Papadopoulos or someone else from CI Wiki (it was an image of all CI4 fruits thrown by the Iron Chef), and that way I knew about CI Wiki. I contributed a bit, and read about CI6, I even created an iA Wiki, and then Chicken Invaders Forum was created. And then Early Access Version 01 was released (I had some problems on playing it at the start, so I think the first version I played with my current account was Early Access Version 13 or so).

5 Likes

i started playing CI2 on my older brother’s PC (note that PC using WinXP so it’s weak)

Same on my school PC :slight_smile:

I don’t exactly remember that what I played first but every friend that I had played it. Hmm… I think I was 5 years old when I first time played chicken invaders

when i was 5 years old i once ran into a chicken in ci3,I do not know anything :upside_down_face:
I just know that I searched on the computer

I barely remember…My dad had this laptop he repaired for a friend, it had a CI2 and CI3 Xmas edition copies. I just checked them out and i just got addicted to it. I even did drawings of it as a kid, i didn’t know english so i would always call the game “Space Chickens” or how my mom says “Playing with the chickens?” Lol. I LOVED those times, i played every single CI back then on a Samsung shitty tablet but it was fun. I have beaten all of them (CI2,3,4,5 With all the DLC) like 10 times already, i could even manage to remember the waves without even needing to read the name or to think what’s coming up next. I loved laughing at the cutscenes with the hero’s ironic quotes, i do appreciate my mom, dad, aunt and grandma still know the game. They’re happy too that i still play it. I had to do hard homeworks to arrieve home and play that game all day. Damn, but my personal favorite is CI4, i just love the soundtrack and the fact it was the first one to add the zooming out and different facing sides.
Now i own all of the CI’s. It’s a game i’ve never forgotten. Never will. A game from heart :heart:

1 Like

Dude, if you got stuck at Mysterious ship (which costed me a lot to beat) , wait until i tell you i died… 36 COUNTED TIMES TO YOLK STAR, WITH THE PLASMA RIFLE AT 5 FP. Funny how i used to call the plasma rifle “Tickler” since the chickens would cluck everytime it deals damage to them like if i was tickling them. At the end when i finally beated Yolk Star, i just SCREAMED outta happiness… You know what 36 times was? Say, i was dumb because i was using the superstar hero difficulty, and i was 7

1 Like

i always thought lightning fryer was the best weapon cuz it looks cool

2 Likes

Mine was Utensil Poker, it looked fancy and pretty dope, pretty much if you talk about eating CHICKEN

1 Like

Me too

I used to think that lazer canon is trash

2 Likes

i knew about CI4 (i had 4 years) when my sister was playing (steam version so no pirated games, get real)
, i also started playing, and apparently i didn’t lose often, played ci 5 at 10, also liked it and now im here, woo

I used missiles to pass the boss with no death

1 Like