More Christmas content! Network performance during multiplayer games has been improved in this update. There’s one major multiplayer bug remaining: the underlying cause has been identified, but the circumstances under which it manifests are still unclear. Also, in order to fix a separate bug, all mission slots have been emptied in this update.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any mid-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- your language selection
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
- In-mission sun color now matches galaxy sun color (@miuracle Bug)
- Fixed fireworks freezing in place at the Christmas party (@EmeraldBirb Bug)
- Language screen: Completion percentage is now shown in red if <90%
- Multiplayer: Fixed crash when disconnecting while using “Poultry Payback” (@TheGoldenBoss128 Bug)
- Reduced pitch increase of “max power” Absolver sound effect to +10% (was +25%) (@ThisIsChristianF Idea)
- Multiplayer: Fixed host crash when projectile from a disconnected player hit a Coward.
- Added more Christmas content (Henperor, A mysterious ship approaches, Infinichick, Special Forces, Party Time, Asteroids)
- Fixed incorrect placement of Mother Hen shell fragments when changing language after encountering it once (caused by incorrect static data (re)initialization when restarting UVE) (@2DE.PinkG Bug)
- “Spiral of Doom” wave: Prevented spawning of Balloon chickens when wave is upside-down (@Nightcap Idea)
- Fixed “–EMPTY–” appearing in various dates when a translation is selected through the Language screen.
- Fixed rare desync crashes caused by this change from v.91.2 “Multiplayer in-mission: Local player’s spacecraft is now drawn on top of everyone else’s.”
- Re-applied a fixed version of this v.91.2 change: “Multiplayer in-mission: Local player’s spacecraft is now drawn on top of everyone else’s.”
- Reverted these changes from v.97 “Instrumented network traffic to debug multiplayer crashes (warning: results in increased bandwidth usage)” and v.98.1 “Instrumented network traffic some more to debug multiplayer crashes (results in very slightly increased bandwidth usage)”
- Assassins now target the specific player that damaged them (@MinhLongBacon Idea)
- Repeated notifications are now suppressed when inviting players to join squadron multiple times (@Helios Idea)
- Bandwidth monitor: Clamped Y axis so it’s always visible on screen.
- Multiplayer: Incoming network traffic is now handled immediately instead of waiting until next network I/O frame (theoretically improves average responsiveness by 12.5ms (=half net tickrate) )
- Mission Config screen: Fixed background/music preview reverting after returning from multiplayer menu (@Arnav Bug)
- Mission Config screen: All slots have been emptied to debug “Other side closed connection” message when starting a mission (because player has mounted more units than they own).
- Fixed server kicks (“other side closed connection”) when starting a mission due to bad mission slot loadout (more units were mounted than player owned). Caused by incorrect perishing on server side for multiplayer guests, which was exposed by client crashing before it could correctly perish on its side and overwrite server’s results. Bug manifested only when perishing just enough units to cause one of more slots to be emptied, but not enough to invoke bugfix_staleSlots() (@Aft Bug)
- Touchscreen: Fixed pinch-zoom resulting in invalid (NaN) camera coordinates (@RonTheCoolGuy Bug)
- “Overheat warning” visual indication is now white (was red).