If your game crashes, ensure that you are using v98.3 (v98.1 and v98.2 are problematic)
If you can’t start a mission because you get the “ Other side closed connection ” message, it’s because you have mounted more equipment than you own. I’m not sure how this can happen, but as a workaround in the meantime, unmount everything from your Mission Config and try again.
Also, it’s very important you report any “ looped sounds carry on playing ” that happen to you with this version.
Another maintenance update. The main change is the addition of Christmas content, because… you know, Christmas. Oh, and Absolver now has a “max power” level.
This is the first version in which you can select a permanent language for the game. There are some things you need to keep in mind, however:
The languages are still not professionally checked, so your mileage may vary.
The translation downloaded from the server is the “most popular” translation at the time. It is NOT your own translation. So you may notice discrepancies to what you see when pressing
The translation is downloaded from the server once and then never updated again. If you wish to download the most current version, then you should re-select your language in the Language screen.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any mid-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
- Equipment is now sorted in decreasing rarity order (was increasing) (@KombatRay Idea)
- Galactic Cup: A tickmark is added next to player names who have flown missions in the knockout table (@Nightcap @TheGoldenBoss128 @MoonKnight Idea)
- Added “max power” level to Absolver (Early Access version 97 - #33 by GgWw1175) (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- Added visual indication of overheat warning beep (@miuracle Idea)
- Reverted BASS to v.18.104.22.168 (from v.22.214.171.124) in an attempt to debug “looping sounds carry on playing” bug.
- Translation maintenance is now staggered between servers (reduces server latency during maintenance).
- Retro missions: Time and wave count are now displayed with corruption/interference (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Added Christmas content.
- “Mass Condenser” has been moved from “Perishables” to “Auto-use” equipment category to prevent exploit during multiplayer games (@LamekoSpaceX Idea)
- Multiplayer browser: Game list now also shows mission environments (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Translations: Made some low-level networking errors translatable (they may still appear in English if they originate on server)
- Galactic Cup: Knockout matches are now 8x8 waves (were 9x9) (@Recruit_75 Idea)
- Main menu: Added “Languages” button. Languages can now be downloaded and persist across game launches.
- Galaxy map: Star surface temperatures are now physically accurate given their spectral classification (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Galaxy map: Star colors are now continuous (rather than 4 discrete values) and more closely correspond to their spectral classification (@MoonKnight Idea)
- Added Christmas party at galactic coordinates ???×???
- Touchscreen: Added pinch-zoom to galaxy map.
- Repeated notifications are now suppressed when creating/deleting contact requests multiple times (@Nightcap Idea)
- (Temporary change) Reverted this v.91.2 change: “Multiplayer in-mission: Local player’s spacecraft is now drawn on top of everyone else’s.”
- (Temporary change) Instrumented network traffic some more to debug multiplayer crashes (results in very slightly increased bandwidth usage)
v.98.3 EMERGENCY PATCH