Early Access version 97

The reason for making them shorter is so that they don’t play out like weekly challenge. If you really want longer stages then how about 6x10 long missions?
As for different types of stages, there should be an increased weight for the chances for stuff like Supernova, Droid Raid, etc to appear as stages if you really value them.

2 Likes

It starts when I hold it

IA, how many lines of code is needed to program a bossfight. i am quite curious

One of them (Bossa Nova) takes more than the entire CI1.

iA, could you also add a planet mission sorting (type, difficulty, duration) system?

1 Like

I recall having an issue like this where it persisted across 2-3 multiplayer missions until someone picked up Positron Stream in-mission and used it

1 Like

I’m going to revert to BASS v.2.4.14.21 just in case the v.2.4.16.7 update is causing those problems. It’s very important to let me know if you notice the same looping sound issue in v.98

3 Likes

They don’t.

Hmm, interesting. I’ll change it for the next cup.

Ok

I’m uncertain if I’ll create any new content for Xmas. But, hmm…

Nope

Thundercluck is 1500 lines.

Boss fights need at least one full week of work. Designing the boss’s appearance, modelling it, implementing attacks, balancing difficulty, these things all take time.

6 Likes

Please do so, just like all episodes.

2 Likes

Hello iA, can you explain this?
So, when I played a mission with the difficulty of that mission is 20% - 60%, I played it with SSH skill, and the Mysterious Ship is in the final wave (40/40, which means that is 60% + 40% = 100%) like this:

it just had 5 lasers:

But when I played a mission with the difficulty is 100% - 100% (this is just a friendly dare), and the Mysterious Ship id in the first wave (1/6, which means that is 100%) like this:

it had 6 lasers:

Why?

Because the randomly set difficulty displayed in planetary missions are rounded to the nearest integer, they can have decimal digits behind them (so it can be around 99.5%). But in competitive missions, they have set difficulties, when you set to maximum it is exactly 100%. The trophy you get is also different.

5 Likes

I’m against the suggestion above that everyone in the same round of the Knockout phase receives the same mission, because there’s a high possibility that a single player be generous and record their performance, and everyone knows, predictable, unfair and less competitiveness in specific pairs.

Should Galactic Cup - Knockout phase assign the same missions to all recruits in that round?
  • Yes, everything the same for consistency
  • No, keep it more distinct between pairs

0 voters

1 Like

If the looped sounds footage can help, I have another (sorry for background sounds, I was in voice chat).

@InterAction_studios Are CI5 planet missions level generator thing planned for CIU? Or it will just never happen?

1 Like

This indeed helps a lot. It shows that the sound loops even without pausing, and irrespective of multiplayer. So I’m heavily leaning towards it being a BASS bug now, rather than a problem in my code (I made slight changes to fix this in v.96):

Rather unfortunately, in v.96 I also updated the BASS version :frowning:

2 Likes

Just a little suggestion, can you make coins drop when you defeat the yolk-star™’s yolk instead of shell. Since you yolk doesn’t reward anything.

I think that vulcan chainguns spread should be reverted back, it is what made it unique and was the only reason a lot of people including me used it. Now it doesn’t shoot backwards at all and is honestly pretty useless.

The spread was of limited usefulness outside of Comet Chase missions, and having it lowered makes the weapon easier to use overall.

How do you know that?