Another small client-only update, but chock-full with bug fixes and is hence strongly recommended if you’re joining/hosting multiplayer games.
Note that since this is an optional update, it may be the case that you join hosts still using the older v.91.1 or v.91.2 versions, so it’s still possible to see crashes in certain cases. These will all conclusively when everyone moves to v.92 Also, if you connect with v.91.3 to a host running v.91.1 or v.91.2, you will be able to pause the game but not unpause it. Wait for the host to unpause, or use
You can read more about multiplayer here: 🚀 Multiplayer
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Multiplayer: Fixed crash when joining multiplayer games during the “Tangled Mess” wave.
- Multiplayer: Fixed crash when joining multiplayer games during the “Treble Trouble” wave.
- All vertex buffers now start off with valid data (fixes a lot of garbage seen when joining multiplayer missions while pause menu is up, e.g. Electric fences, spacecraft shields, etc.).
- Speech bubbles now have a maximum duration of 6 seconds.
- Long multiplayer messages constrained to right side of screen.
- Players without callsigns are now prevented from starting multiplayer missions.
- Only hosting player can now pause/unpause multiplayer games (emergency temporary fix).
- Only hosting player can now control Anomaly Zones (emergency temporary fix).
- Clucker Bombs: Reduced particles by 30% (@RainbowBoyVN Idea)
- Translations: Ctrl+T no longer works during multiplayer missions (was causing crashes) (@Francis Bug)
- Keyboard shortcut keys for directly jumping to list items starting with that letter now work (bug introduced in v.91) (@RainbowBoyVN Bug)