Early Access version 86

MAIN CHANGES

The Galactic Cup is here! This is a new competitive mission structure that works as follows:

Galactic Cups start every 10-15 days. Each cup is split into three phases:

• Qualification (duration: 3 days): A single qualification mission is assigned to all recruits. Participation is open. You can play the mission multiple times, but only your last attempt counts. At the end of the qualification, the top scores advance to the next phase. The game will try to fit as many players in as possible (up to a maximum of 256).

• Group: Recruits are randomly split up into groups, and matches (“fixtures”) are arranged within each group daily. There are two fixtures you need to fly each day. Each fixture gains you points (0 if you lose badly, 100 if you barely win, 200 if you obliterate your opponent). Points are summed in the group standings. At the end of this phase, the top two recruits in each group advance to the next phase.

• Knockout: Recruits are paired off in brackets, and fight each other to the death! Well, not really. But this is an elimination phase, so one loss and you’re out of the cup. Each round lasts for one day.

The Galactic Cup is still experimental, and rules might change significantly in the upcoming updates. This means that:

• You won’t find an invitation to participate in the qualification phase in your inbox. You must manually select the “Galactic Cup” button in your Profile screen.
  • The first qualification phase is only 2 days (instead of the regular 3)
  • No medal will be awarded to the winner (there will eventually be one for subsequent cups)
  • Translations: Cup-related text is not translatable yet.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
  • :bug: Reduced max playbacks of “Thundercluck guitar laser attack” sound to 1 (to avoid unintended amplification with multiple laser beams) (@Ahmed577 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Tag, you’re it!” wave: Enemy order is now more thoroughly shuffled.
  • :bulb: League: Friendly dares can no longer be declined.
  • :bulb: Changed “show’em” to “show 'em” (@iIfireIi)
  • :bulb: “Centipede, Zig-zag, The Magic Flute, and Bend/Kick it like Beckhen” waves: Prevented Balloon chickens from spawning when wave is ‘upside down’ (@Francis :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Galactic Store: “Hint” button renamed to “Explain” (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Saucer wreck color now depends on its LED color (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Ribbit!” wave: Slobs are now prevented from spawning (@Francis :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Cardinality of Four” and “Omnidirectional Onslaught” waves: Prevented Balloon chickens from spawning when wave is ‘upside down’ (@gabytzu :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Compiled with VS2019 16.10.3
  • :gear: Corrected server crash when handling more than one Steam refund at once.
  • :bug: Indestructible barriers no longer block the Clean Sweep bonus (@gabytzu :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “The Treasury” wave: Removed “Pecking Order” bonus (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added Galactic Cup (experimental).

v86.2 EMERGENCY PATCH (server-side)

• :bug: Galactic Cup: Points for group fixtures are now shown correctly (were previously always 0.0)
  • :bulb: Cup missions can now be disconnected up to 2 times (was 1 time) before being disqualified.

v86.3 EMERGENCY PATCH (server-side)

• :bug: Galactic Cup: Fixed mission expirations not being updated properly from round to round (@GuestUniverse :medal_sports: Bug)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

22 Likes

Yay the Galatic Cup is open.

2 Likes

It’s look like I gonna check it out, FAST!!!

Pretty excited to see how does galatic cup looks like.

Come on it’s time for the real challenge!!!

1 Like

It’s sad that I’ve been waiting for almost a month for the V86 update,only the Galactic Cup is new

How many disconnections will result a disqualification?

iA, can you check this post when you have time:

If you’re talking about cup missions, it is currently 1 time but will be 2 times next update:

2 Likes

I have nothing to say other than “wow, the galactic cup is amazing”

A proper competitive mode? A proper competitive mode? Holy shit, this is big

Screenshot 2021-08-05 205119
Screenshot 2021-08-05 205216
Yep I can still see a green thing.

2 Likes

What just happened when I flew a dare?

Why my score is zero???

If you press “End session” Disconnect button more than once you’ll be disqualified and your score will be zero.

1 Like

What is that button?
Even I don’t know what is it!

Sorry, my bad, I meant this button:

1 Like

If so , I did not press that , Bug?

Second dare had no problem

Perhaps you are disconnected while playing more than one time.

Idk, it happened to me once b4, iA said it’s not a bug.

OH , I remember that now!
I saw that disconnecting alarm more than 2 times top of my monitor!
Maybe that’s why I disqualified
It is not a bug , it is mistake , It should be such that this only happens if the connection is completely lost.