Early Access version 85.3

Absolver Beam: am I a joke to you?

Alright. Make Millennium make boron and moron never overheat. Stay in the red look forever.
:smirk_cat:

one year latter and 35 updates I still belive that the first version of the reworked corn shotgun was better and the present one is ussless!!! and make it like pre V50 would encourages to use more this weapon because I’m prety sure that is one of the most unpopular weapon!!!..so @InterAction_studios your thoughts!?

The most unpopular weapon is Laser cannon. this one must be buffed.

lol, it can kill bosses in mere seconds

2 Likes

Version 48 Corn, which is what you’re referring to, had 25k DPS and dealt bonus damage to basic enemies thanks to its weapon group. It was utterly busted and should not be brought back under and circumstance. Besides, it existed back when manual firing was a thing, so bringing back that exact version of it is not possible.
Disregarding old Corn’s manual fire and weapon group, current Corn outputs more damage than the v48 one (2280-21396 vs approximately 2000-20000). It needs a firerate overhaul (make it faster on :zap:0 so that it’s less painful to use and make it slower on :zap:20 to tone down its damage, both of which I included in yesterday’s set of tweaks) and overdrive so that it’s actually usable.

That does not mean it doesn’t need some serious improvements.

1 Like

Yeah, but why is it so unpopular? That should be fixed by making it the only weapon you can use in every mission until rank 99.

1 Like

bruh

3 Likes

Ok, that does sound rough. How about adding this feature for one/two versions?

In terms of Corn’s weapon group, I see two options on where it could go. It shouldn’t be assigned back to Bio, since that group is strong against basic fodder enemies, which would skew the weapon’s balance.

The way I see it, it could be added either to Special, or Metal could be renamed to Kinetic and Corn could be added to that (since giant kernels of corn would technically affect a target the same way as giant forks would (unless the target has an allergy to corn, or corn is poisonous to it (which can actually apply to a fork made of metal as well, as some metals are actually toxic, and for example, thallium can poison you just by skin contact)), the only difference being the material the projectiles consist of).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

The takeaway from all of this is that it’s going to be headache to maintain scientific accuracy in naming when you have a gun shooting forks and popcorn and you’re shooting chickens in space

1 Like

How about making Corn a little bit like PvZ’s Kernel-Pult? Like, give every one of the corns shot a small chance (I’d say 3%) of turning into butter and immobilizing for a second or two any enemy it hits except for minibosses and bosses

isn’t butter made from milk

Also, I’m pretty sure kernel-pult’s chance of flinging butter is much higher than 3%

Yes, but in PvZ that thing just works like magic, plus the game has already a reference to that game, the Cherry Bomb wave. I also forgot to mention that butter should deal +15% more damage than a regular piece of corn

Cherry Bomb isn’t a reference to PvZ it’s a reference to the real-life cherry bomb, probably

1 Like

I’ve seen it in other games, too, and it certainly didn’t resemble the pvz variant. So i doubt it

2 Likes

it might make the game a bit more RNG reliant, but then again the drops are also affected by this so idk

I have a question. Why in Weapons Training we start with Ion Blaster?

It’s still the default weapon, I guess, even though starter is moron railgun.

Well I don’t like Ion Blaster to be the default weapon in Weapons Training.