Early Access version 81

MAIN CHANGES

This is just an incremental update leading up to larger changes. If you can, test out the new “pro-gamer mode” and report any problems.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
  • :bulb: Firepower loss due to wave difficulty is now capped at 5 levels. Loss increases by +1 for each 10 firepower over 30 (@GTTOP @OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: In “last seen” calculations, all months are now assumed to have 31 days (was 30) (@2sn :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Loadout screen: Added tutorial for satellites.
  • :bulb: Added in-mission satellite tutorial (to avoid de-sync, tutorial doesn’t appear until satellite is first docked)
  • :gear: Translations: Custom numeric digits are now correctly applied to rank numbers.
  • :gear: Translations: Custom numeric digits are now correctly applied to pack amounts in Galactic Store.
  • :bulb: “It’s the Mother-Hen ship!” boss: First attack is delayed by 5 seconds (was 7) (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Removed Steam DRM.
  • :gear: Removed wrong Greek π glyph from Teko font.
  • :gear: Auto-fit text scaling is now determined by raw text dimensions instead of quad soup dimensions. Fixes cases where text jitters and/or appears to be incorrectly justified when it’s squeezed.
  • :bulb: Mission timer now only counts actual wave time (introductory zoom, inter-wave and warp transitions are ignored) (@Francis @CattyCheese :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Space Race: Removed time penalty for disconnecting after boss fights.
  • :bulb: Removed “Tone down effects” option.
  • :bulb: Added “Pro-gamer mode” option (Smaller explosions, shorter screen shakes, power-ups never hidden, enemy bullets never hidden, faster stage transitions, high-resolution mission timer) (@Enhawk :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Translations: Custom numeric digits are now correctly applied to inbox messages.
  • :gear: Translations: “Customize” screen: Fixed label overflow when editing boolean properties.
  • :bulb: Saucer chicken enemy: Eggs now always start at center of enemy, and it is direction that is randomized (previously, position was randomized and direction was constant) (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Added more hero quips (Henperor, Supernova, Omnidirectional Onslaught, Bullet Spray, Gyroscope Malfunction) (@OneWingLunarian).
  • :bug: Missions are no longer removed from your to-do list if flown as assignments (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Translations: “Menu” is now translatable.
  • :gear: Steam contested transactions are now handled correctly.
  • :bulb: An inbox message is now sent whenever a player accepts a squadron invitation (@ThisIsChristianF :medal_sports: Idea)

v81.2 emergency patch (server-side)

• :bug: Completed missions are now correctly removed from your to-do list (@CattyCheese :medal_sports: Bug)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

17 Likes

Yo, where is balloon insta-kill deflating sound

2 Likes

In the game archive. Fixed in v66669

1 Like

I don’t understand what this means - do UFO Chickens no longer target the player?

1 Like

What is this​:disappointed_relieved::sob:

calm down
iA is fixing it

Does skip button also works, when you fail a mission and don’t want to wait?

They do. But they jitter their aim (so that they’re not 100% accurate) using a different method than previously.

Yes

5 Likes

iA,how about make the pro gamer move mode transit through waves faster because wave through wave not count so why not

Or what about a countdown when you start a mission?

1 Like

I think stage transitions is too fast, slow for a little bit

1 Like

Some bosses can give a lot of gifts, but when the pro gamer is turned on, the waves are skipped too quickly and we can’t pick them up in time.

1 Like

iA, the mission didn’t remove in To-do list after i had completed it

1 Like

damn, this is a serious bug

2 Likes

it took the slot sneaky

2 Likes

At least let victory jingle play to the end before starting the next stage wave.

1 Like

Hm, I noticed this for Iron Chef. Yes, I’m aware that Pro gamer Mode does not hide enemy bullets, but this looks kinda weird.

Meanwhile twice infinity:

2 Likes

POV: you ate something bad

alright, time to make a Not so big ass paper about pro-gamer movde. This thing will speed up your gameplay, but I have a few itching stuff that I’ll spill it out.

1. It speeds up the transit between stages so you can play faster, how about make it so you go to another wave faster too? (since the timer between transit got yeeted)

2. The final warp (or epilogue thingy) should speed up slow instead of instantly fast

3. Some enemies shoot looks weird, example like the post above

4. IDK, it’s cool

Tl;dr pro-gamer movde is the Cooler Daniel but it feels itchy when contact.

1 Like

WOOHOO we all are Pro Gamers here!

But the “enemy bullets never hidden” thing is kinda creepy if you ask me. Other than that its perfect

1 Like

Woah. Pro gamer mode sounds pretty cool! I will test it right now!

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a good idea. I would like to have few seconds of rest between waves at 70%+ difficulty. Also, wouldn’t you have also time to cool the main weapon, so it wouldn’t almost overheat at the start of the wave?

2 Likes