Early Access version 79

That’s way too meta and immersion-breaking.

It’s not supposed to. And clearly there is more going wrong with your internet than simply “gets slow only for 3-5 seconds”, otherwise the game would not disconnect.

None of the in-mission scoring is dependent on difficulty. Instead, a difficulty boost is applied on top at the end. So, no.

Fixed in v.80 :medal_sports: Idea

No, it’s unrelated.

Yes, there are nameless contacts back from when callsigns were reset. The league requires callsigns, so that’s why it’s disabled.

5 Likes

Does this mean that adding people with no callsign is legal?

Is there an in-universe explanation for this, then?

9 Likes

Hm. Not any more. Changed in v.80 :medal_sports: Idea

5 Likes

Also @InterAction_studios, can you explain this:

Touché.

That’s a bug. Fixed in v.80 :medal_sports: Bug

8 Likes

Does add contact option disabled for people with no callsign?

You can no longer search for them, so they won’t appear in the results (this only affects new contacts – if they’re already in your Contacts, then they’ll stay there)

3 Likes

IA I think you didn’t hace a chance to see my posts. I will repost it here.

You misunderstood my point. My point was that its current color is perfectly fine.

It’s supposed to be slow, because it’s so powerful.

2 Likes

Yeah, I sure do wonder why a single-player game without dedicated co-op plot or mechanics would not do so well. It’s almost like it may be a better fit for, say, a multiplayer game where you can see everyone else in the galaxy, and join squadrons and stuff. But hey, what do I know.

I think I can speak for everyone when saying that multiplayer is wanted by EVERYONE, the old episodes honestly didn’t even need in-mission co-op or multiplayer, since what almost everybody played it for was the story. Since Universe doesn’t have a story and is an MMO (Massively online Multiplayer) it would only make sense to have multiplayer here. Playing missions alone can get pretty boring, and all you can do in the game is see other people in the galaxy and compare yourself with them. I honestly believe that if multiplayer was added, most of the bad reviews for this game on steam wouldn’t have even existed. I’d honestly take multiplayer over new content at this point, even if we have to wait 3 months for it, in the long run this would increase player numbers, get more people to stream it with friends and just make it be a more social experience overall. Multiplayer should definitely get added in this game. It’s totally worth the time it would take.

2 Likes

Actually, I do think there’s a decent premise for co-op. There could be a dedicated co-op mission, with a story to supplement what’s already there in the game. You get co-op fun + fun of the plot of the episodes.

4 Likes

I couldn’t disagree more. I personally didn’t care much about the story. In fact, co-op is the main reason I actually come back to the games sometimes. Otherwise I’d most likely play ciu only.

3 Likes

In conclusion: CIU is MMO but the second M is missing, making the game “clickbait”…ish (according to Steam). So idk how much motivation for you to inhales in worried start making co-op.

So, I’ll make this thing for you to give iA motivation.

• I support
  • Not now

0 voters

Remember iA: no pain, no gain (which you already know :/)

Results of the poll is obvious, though there is still a problem with server payment, even if co-op would be made.

8 Likes

I am aware of the server payment. Still, CIU is lacking of the main element of MMO.

*I am aware

Not the finest moment to fix my shitty English but thanks

Most games are better with friends, not to mention coop would also give the game some replayability value.

Take this as an example. In the context of the episodes, after you win it once AND you played only for the story, there isn’t much of a reason to play it again, is there? You already know what’s going to happen.

CIU looks like a game that screams with ‘multiplayer’ the moment you see it, only if it actually had it, though…

9 Likes