This is mainly a technical update to correct the instabilities that have been plaguing the servers for the past few days due to increased load. But quite a few small improvements found their way in there, too. Check the changelog below for details.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
- Steam: Main menu URLs now open in Steam in-game browser (@BoggY Idea)
- [v78.2+v78.3 server-side] Fixed ‘out of memory’ crash during JSON decoding.
SOCKERR_NOTINITIALISEDerror under Steam Proton (@qbus371 Bug)
- Purchasing: Pricing improvements (Rp symbol is now printed before price)
- Fixed “embarrassing” spelling.
- [v78.4 server-side] Better debugging instrumentation.
- [v78.5 server-side] Fixed incorrect conversion from Euros to US$.
- Translations: Em-dash (—) is no longer treated as a special character (press Alt+0151 to insert an em-dash)
- Translations: Inbox messages about medal awards/revocations are now correctly localized.
- Translations: “Gift delivered” inbox message now correctly localizes name of item in gifter’s language (rather than receiver’s language).
- “Möbius Strip” wave: Prevented Slobs from spawning (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Möbius Strip” wave: Added Pecking Order (@TheGoldenBoss128)
- Mission coordinates are now redacted from Retro missions (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “All time best” screen: Widened score column to (temporarily) fix incorrect alignment of squeezed scores (@TheGoldenBoss128 Bug)
- Amended incomplete fix from v.70: Fixed bleeding of “upgrade bar” squares in non-native resolutions (@TheGoldenBoss128 Bug)
- 120th Anniversary screen: Widened “callsign” column in “Score” button (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “The Fortress” wave: Made ‘corridor’ wider (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Pulsating/Palpitating Grid” wave: Disabled Slobs (@gabytzu Idea)
- “Wormhole” wave: Disabled Cowards and Slobs (@Akemisora Idea)
- Chickenaut projectiles are now yellow (were green) (@Pidgey Idea)
- Saucer chick projectiles are now greenish-yellow (were green) (@Recruit_75 Idea)
- Fixed server crash during DB sync when a different server creates a new user in the middle of the sync (race condition).
- Added warning before surrendering once-only missions (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Translations: (Incomplete) support for custom numeric digits in RTL languages.
- All medal awards/revocation are now logged.
- Added network disconnection warning icon (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Translations: “Equipment depleted” inbox messages now correctly localize the equipment.
- [server-side v.79.2] Invasion missions now have no tier requirement, regardless of difficulty. Instead, difficulty is capped at 50% + 10% for each tier.
- [server-side v.79.3] Previous fix now only applies to planetary Invasion missions (and not to dares or Inbox events). (@EmeraldPlay bug)
- [server-side v.79.3] Fixed Steam purchases not being accepted from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.