Early Access version 75

I mean the whole argument was on one thing and that was that if bosses are being buffed they should be unique and not on 100% only. While the double yolk attack may be a bit too much, the Infini chick on the EC sounds good enough. It would bring more uniqueness to the boss while not being too projectile spammy or a health buff which make grinding more tedious. However, it’d be more suitable if it was in the 121-140% range.

3 Likes

I have a question for iA.

About slobs: Do they drop food with a random chance, or is it like the old cowards where you need to deal a certain amount of damage before they drop the next piece of food?

3 Likes

Can lightning be made consistent in competitive missions?

You mean, have a fixed RNG seed for everyone in every attempt?

Well, yes.

1 Like

iA, a fully-charged absolver still managed to make a coward drop a feather. Can you slightly increase the beam thickness? Maybe to 22,5%/25%.

Screenshot 2021-03-28 105623 could these rotate when shooting out an egg (dumbest suggestion yet, but it crossed my mind)

3 Likes

As in, like, the whole barrel? That would take an enormous number of great big new sprites, given that it’s a sizable 3D object undergoing a smooth transition, not to mention the front/back layering going on.

Don’t get me wrong, it would look cool, but… serious doubts on the feasibility.

3 Likes

+95% of the game is 2d. Some people may think that the planets are 3d, but they arent at all.

1 Like

It would take alot of animations for iA to animate the egg cannonade in Adobe Animate but then he would have to rotate the egg cannonade itself in his 3D software

I meant that it is a rotation taking place in 3D space, and I suppose I kind of assumed the sprite had been created using a 3D model originally but that part probably isn’t true, thinking about it.

Either way, the point I was making (that no clever manipulation of 2D assets would be able to simulate the rotation) still stands.

Consider that even a single egg cannon sprite in this game is 8 MB in size

10 Likes

I mean, it was. Wouldn’t make sense for the bottom layer to look like this in the overlapping sections if it was made in 2D (not to mention that it’d likely take more work than making a 3D model and rendering it out).

11 Likes

your buff ideas are… horrible.

Could the same be for Big Chicken at Double Team too?

Also:

And can Iron Chef appear a little faster too?

Could Henpire Ambush wave drop more keys than normal Feather Fields wave? Because it’s more harder at high difficulties, make Feather Fields wave drop 1 key at all difficulties.

I noticed that Infinity Chick at Double Team mostly moves at the bottom of the screen(I tried battling him multiple times and noticed that Infinity Chick moves at the bottom only for about 4 or 5 times then moves normally anywhere), so yeah, I think he do that same order every battle. Maybe reduce the chances of Infinity Chick moving down can fix this.

Something about Laser Crab at max difficulty in Double Team:

It does the 2nd attack so fast immediately after the 1st attack at(max difficulty) that if you didn’t move fast & careful enough to top-right you’ll die. Why am I saying this? Sometimes the other boss at Double Team moves at top-left meaning that you’re forced to move at top-right to stay far from the other boss at top-left. It’s fair to normal light-speed spacecrafts, but not to Bombers or at Ironman with massive environment because, so you’ll have to either use phase-outs or be forced to move to the top-left and get closer to the other boss which increase the chances of you dying. So maybe delay the 2nd attack a little bit(even at max difficulty) so it can be fair to Bombers & at Ironman, so you can have a chance to go at top-right? Do apply this to normal boss battle though because you’re fighting only one boss, so both sides are safe.

This is the kinda situation I’m talking about but imagine the boss is on-top:

How about when collecting the same weapon gift you get both weapon bonus+firepower bonus because your firepower gets increased too?

At Brothers Reunited and Twice Infinity(or any other waves with more than one boss): could the screen zoom-in after a few seconds once one of the bosses is defeated? Idk about Double Team.

Do you really want another stage of the same waves over and over

I- why don’t you suggest them at the same time, it’s not even that complex that you thought of it later. Besides, no, please, it just makes the boss’ entry look way less cool.

1 Like

Because it is a very dumb idea and there was no need for it to be added? And no, I do not want to start an argument. I’m just stating my opinion. I’m ignoring your taunt, because it isn’t the point of the discussion.

Sonic the hedgehog is fast and his character is great. Now remove the faces and idle posing. Suddenly he becomes a lot less appealing. That is what is happening here, please don’t change the posing of bosses. Any loss in appeal is bad considering the fact that the CI games are driven on appeal.

Even if it’s at double team, posing is posing. Seriously. Do not.

Why are you making the game bland