Early Access version 61.2

I suggest nerfing Cowards instead of deleting them out of Ironman mission
Because it’s too hard to dodge their projectiles dropping down

4 Likes

It’s 11 days, not 10. Perhaps. I chose a long gap because, since Ironman is supposed to be extremely hard, the thinking was that you’d need multiple attempts over multiple days to even finish it (not to mention repeating the process to improve your score).

I also wanted it to be a prime number so it minimizes the chances of it landing on the same day together with another challenge (i.e., weekly or space race)

But it can easily be changed.

Did you try it with v61.2? Or any previous version except v61.1? There was a change in v61.1 that may cause this.

Yes

That.

Fixed in v.62 :medal_sports: Bug

5 Likes

Amazingly enough, I worked out a way to to add this to v.62 with (what I hope will be) minimal overhead (about 100MB memory server-side). Current it’s for score only.

Added to v.62 :medal_sports: Idea (will also award to original suggester if they identify themselves)

7 Likes

Let’s make it 5 then?

Also, boss rush missing.

2 Likes

At this point Plasma should just be nerfed back. Scaling 1.2, AoE multiplier 2.5. Increasing the base bolt damage is going to result in it being overtuned no matter what.

As far as cowards are concerned, I don’t really see any way to make them any better aside from making them retaliate against one-shots (and even that would just mean that Plasma users aren’t safe from being attacked).

2 Likes

What about just making them not retaliate when they’re “fleeing”?
They will only retaliate when you first hit them, and after they have calmed down.

Basically, when they’re still calm, they will retaliate as soon as you hit them and activate their “fleeing” state.

When you hit them in their fleeing state, they will not dare to fight back.

1 Like

I replaced the boss rush with Double Team since my original post.

7 could be an option, only it will start on each Thursday instead of Monday. Let’s wait for the poll, too.

6 Likes

@InterAction_studios - what’s the key reward for Ironman like? It’s expensive to participate in, and only people with CHL can play it anyway, so hopefully there’s some tasty top-tier rewards for those who come out on top.

I feel like that’s too short. Unless people want to see Ironman nerfed (which I, for one, don’t - that defeats the point) I fully stand by the reasoning for keeping it at a nice eleven days. It’s the toughest challenge, therefore it should hang around for the longest time.

900 keys to first place.

7 Likes

I forgot about that, that was actually a part of the initial rework suggestion.

Here’s a little visual idea for cowards:

Have them occasionally peek at the player, but when they’re fleeing, they will always look away.

OR

They will keep staring at the player, but when they go into their “fleeing” state, they will look away.

You might have an idea on how to change the coward’s aiming with this idea as well.

For example: When they look at the player, they aim straight at the player, but when they look away, they aim in a random direction. (Because they’d have to guess where the player is and hope it hits)

Scratch that, that only makes them even more unpredictable.

Is there a poll? I can’t find it…

3 Likes

Oh, the one I already voted in. Aha. I’m a clever cookie.

3 Likes

what about the worldwide rankings??..some months ago @InterAction_studios you said that is planed and it will be add one update or other…

1 Like

Why can’t I get any “Clean Sweep” bonus during the Ironman competition?

(yes, I’ve hit every single thing in “Cloudy with the chance of eggs” wave but only got the “multi-kill” bonus)
Edit: During the bossfight, the health bar for each boss doesn’t show after damaging them.

1 Like

Clean Sweep is only awarded for killing absolutely everything in a wave where enemies can escape.

5 Likes

Alright. I got it in “Bullet Spray”.

I didn’t get it in “Bullet Spray” because I didn’t hit all the chickens

2 Likes

Gotta love that infini-chick with no zoom

1 Like