Early Access version 57

MAIN CHANGES

This is a short but important update.

• Weapons have been slightly tweaked.

• An account system has been added. This is part of the larger purchasing system, but I wanted to test it separately. It may or may not remain as part of the “unpaid” feature set. Every existing account starts off as “guest”. If you’re above tier 3, then the game will ask you for an e-mail. It’s very important to provide this information, because it’s used to restore your account if it ever gets lost. :warning: From here on, I will not be manually restoring any lost accounts. If you lose your progress, go to “Accounts” and select “Link account”. Enter your e-mail there and your progress should be restored. You can do the same thing to play from multiple devices (only one device can be logged in at a time).

• Front and rear pods on M40x spacecraft now have separate paintjobs. This will cause rear pods on existing spacecraft to become unpainted. This is expected. Just paint them again.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bug: Fixed bug: Special weapons do not destroy feathers (@marksam123 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: “Omnidirectional Onslaught” (mirrored variation) wave: Fixed initial direction of travel (@NIUX :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Bend/kick it like Beckhen” wave: Added mirrored variation (@OrvilleTheOrca :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Graphics/Advanced menu: Fixed crash when no full-screen video modes are available (@SOLAR @Baron :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: In-mission pause menu: fixed incorrect tooltip for “Cancel mission” (change made in 55.3) (@LiveDurian :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Reworked weapons (based on WBP: further weapon balance suggestions (+ test excel sheets) - #40 by GgWw1175) (@GgWw1175 :medal_sports: :medal_sports: :medal_sports: :medal_sports: :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: M400 series spacecraft: Front and rear pods now have separate paintjobs. (@marksam123 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Added “fancy” messenger style (from CI5) for introductory & in-mission text (@vinhso :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Tutorial mission: Replaced “Soft in the middle” wave with “Amphitheatrics”
  • :new: Added account system. Main menu “Accounts” button now works.
  • :bug: “Lethal Connections” wave: Enemies now appear at random horizontal coordinates, and are ‘covered’ by their barriers faster (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Distinguished Green Greed Cross” medal (90% coin collection in a single stage) is now bigger (@MNaeemi777 :medal_sports: Idea)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

27 Likes

Nice add, I’m happy that the accounts are finally in game

2 Likes

You know, I’ve been noticing something for a while if i turn the brightness of my monitor all the way up. The transition of a mission ending doesn’t completely fill the screen. It ends in the middle but you can still see some of the space background showing.

in the boss rush mission it happened to me that in the lower right corner says there are 8 bosses but actually there ware 10

Maybe the logged in e-mail address should be hidden somewhere else? It shows up on the pause screen while in the galaxy and that’s something a lot of people might accidentally include in their videos/streams. At least the game asks for a PIN confirmation if you try to link them

12 Likes

Also about tutorial level: can there be the same time-out thing as for “surrender” button so someone won’t accidentally skip instructions while firing?

Also

“Your First Mission” result has no Early Access banner for some reason.

(And it gives you stats even thought you can’t die?)

And about e-mail system. I think it would be better to add confirmation for linking account so one typo in e-mail couldn’t ruin the whole account.

3 Likes

Huh… fixed in v.58 :medal_sports: Bug

Hmm… good point. I’ve removed it for now. It only briefly appears while you connect to the server.

Changed in v.58 :medal_sports: Idea

This is because it’s still technically running as part of the introductory zoom (which doesn’t have a banner either). Acknowledged, won’t fix.

It’s necessary to show the outcome screen so it can be explained. You mean it shouldn’t affect your career stats? It’s negligible.

Added to v.58 :medal_sports: Idea

I’ve considered this. I think it’s a burden for something that won’t be necessary 99% of the time. You can always correct your e-mail while you still have access to your account. If you never realize it’s wrong and you lose it, then yes, you’d need to e-mail support to fix it. But I hope that’s going to be rare.

6 Likes

Maybe this might be an odd suggestion but could you add a text in the frame “Accounts”? I just got used to seeing text at the top in every single sub-menu.

4 Likes

Added to v.58 :medal_sports: Idea

9 Likes

Well yeah, that’s a fun feature imo

2 Likes

Can’t download the new version. The link just opens a new tab and closes inmediatly. Anyone else with that issue?

You can try this. It worked for most users.

2 Likes

Love you my man, it works perfectly. Thank you.

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad to help. :wink:

I think it would be nice to add an outline or glow when you mouse over clickable buttons. Just for a bit of looks.

(Outline like the “tutorial zones”, perhaps?)

I was flying Weekly Challenge and changed from “Borderless” to “Full screen” and suddenly the game closed and when I logged-in I was back at the map.

Also why some emojis not available in CIU:

Probably because the game is not supporting most of the emojis, but some of them. (Well, i can’t really tell what is supported and what isn’t, but that’s what i knew)

1 Like

Hey iA, how about replacing the CI4 victory with CI5 victory in tutorial for giving the music a purpose?

1 Like

I want to avoid mouse-over things since they won’t be available everywhere (touchscreens, smartphones)

This happens when you switch to full-screen while a “fancy” CI5 messenger is visible (i…e., wave title). Will fix.

The game uses the system font to render emoji. Under Windows 7, the system font has less emoji than Windows 10.

I could… I don’t understand how CI5 victory is better than CI4 victory, though. A “purpose”?

5 Likes

Because CI5 victory is never heard anywhere in the game. Only if you buy it from the store.

2 Likes