This is a short but important update.
Weapons have been slightly tweaked.
An account system has been added. This is part of the larger purchasing system, but I wanted to test it separately. It may or may not remain as part of the “unpaid” feature set. Every existing account starts off as “guest”. If you’re above tier 3, then the game will ask you for an e-mail. It’s very important to provide this information, because it’s used to restore your account if it ever gets lost. From here on, I will not be manually restoring any lost accounts. If you lose your progress, go to “Accounts” and select “Link account”. Enter your e-mail there and your progress should be restored. You can do the same thing to play from multiple devices (only one device can be logged in at a time).
Front and rear pods on M40x spacecraft now have separate paintjobs. This will cause rear pods on existing spacecraft to become unpainted. This is expected. Just paint them again.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Fixed bug: Special weapons do not destroy feathers (@marksam123 Bug)
- “Omnidirectional Onslaught” (mirrored variation) wave: Fixed initial direction of travel (@NIUX Bug)
- “Bend/kick it like Beckhen” wave: Added mirrored variation (@OrvilleTheOrca Idea)
- Graphics/Advanced menu: Fixed crash when no full-screen video modes are available (@SOLAR @Baron Bug)
- In-mission pause menu: fixed incorrect tooltip for “Cancel mission” (change made in 55.3) (@LiveDurian Bug)
- Reworked weapons (based on WBP: further weapon balance suggestions (+ test excel sheets)) (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- M400 series spacecraft: Front and rear pods now have separate paintjobs. (@marksam123 Idea)
- Added “fancy” messenger style (from CI5) for introductory & in-mission text (@vinhso Idea)
- Tutorial mission: Replaced “Soft in the middle” wave with “Amphitheatrics”
- Added account system. Main menu “Accounts” button now works.
- “Lethal Connections” wave: Enemies now appear at random horizontal coordinates, and are ‘covered’ by their barriers faster (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- “Distinguished Green Greed Cross” medal (90% coin collection in a single stage) is now bigger (@MNaeemi777 Idea)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.