This is an emergency patch to fix issues in v55.2 ( Early Access version 55.2 ). You must manually download it from here: ⬇ Download Early Access . Before reporting problems, first ensure you are running v55.3.
Most reported bugs have been taken care of, with the notable exception of quiet/intense music playing out of sync, or both together. Please report experiences anew here (videos demonstrating the bug would help a lot).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all game preferences
- any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Also refer to v55.1-55.2 changelog: Early Access version 55.2
- Fixed typo in “Mission List” tutorial.
- Fixed the “Spacecraft” tutorial appearing repeatedly (@BoredCelestial Bug)
- Galaxy menu: Fixed galaxy view not displaying correctly behind menu after clicking on camera/screenshot button (@TheChickenBoss128 Bug)
- “Capture mouse” mode: Fixed pointer moving twice as fast as it should in HQ2X mode.
- Improved font maxDigitWidth calculations.
- Galaxy menu: Removed “Reset tutorial” and “Feedback” buttons (@Ripurlife Idea)
- Fixed music not stopping/playing properly (@marksam123 Bug)
- Fullscreen “quality” setting now can reduce rendering resolution even lower to 35% (was 50%)
- Fixed quit confirmation dialog appearing over the wrong context when ESC was simultaneously pressed as a new context is added (@VerMishelb Bug)
- (Possibly) fixed DX11 vertex buffers sometimes failing to update correctly (@Tempest_ORM @RainbowBoyVNGD Bug)
- Preceding change also fixes the 10-second startup delay when running under VM.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.