Early Access version 50

iA, the two Chicks and Chickens waves have the same name, don’t you think that the harder one should have a more badass name?

2 Likes

How about Chickens and Company?
(instead of “More Chicks and Chickens” which I suggested back in discord a long time ago)

2 Likes

That works

That sounds a great idea for Chicks’n’Chickens v2

1 Like

Increasing the fire rate also means nerfing the damage of the AoE to compensate (it’s already very strong as it is). Plus, the base DPS is exactly the same as Plasma’s previous manual one, so I wouldn’t call it “massive damage”. It effectively has about 5.5 seconds of overheat time, which considering its damage output is reasonable imo. The only ‘advantage’ to manual fire is that it doesn’t produce the AoE, which is only beneficial if you’re dealing with a large amount of cowards or slobs. So I don’t really see why the 5/s fire rate is a problem.

2 Likes

Eh okay then.

Why not give it overdrive and satisfy the manual users :smirk:
7.5/s plasma but overheats really quick

1 Like

Assuming that the proper version of overdrive will make it into the game, it’ll likely be available on all weapons. Absolver might be slightly problematic to figure out, but it could probably implemented for it as well.

3 Likes

actually let’s just give everything 999999 damage and 0.00001 fire rate /s

2 Likes

You have a very strange definition for “all” :wink:

It’s 50% on Ion, 100% on Utensil/Laser/Neutron. :thinking: I’ll change it to 50% for everything. That should also help with the “overheats too fast” complaints. :medal_sports: Idea

6 Likes

Can we give it to Plasma as well? But as a 25%.

2 Likes

Actually that’s a bug, the “More Chicks ‘n’ Chickens” should show. :medal_sports: Bug

Also, I’ll change it to “Chickens ‘n’ Chicks”

6 Likes

I’ve exposed in the Excel. It’s a bad idea, but feel free to experiment with it.

In fact, I’ve added overdrive support to all weapons (except Absolver). I doubt it will make any different with fast-firing weapons. Also Corn is problematic, given that it never overheats.

3 Likes

Neutron Gun feels like a blast :open_mouth: really had fun playing with it!
I hope now that you can kill more enemies in hard missions now since the damage feels much higher :smile:

1 Like

And the heat it produces is higher, too. loadsofheat

1 Like

IMO it’s safe to say we can just make overdrive work exactly the same for every single weapon. (for example 50% higher fire rate for all normal weapons and 50% faster charging for absolver) And just focus on weapons’ base performance when balancing them.

3 Likes

Meh, let the current Plasma damage stay now. I don’t want it nerfed.

2 Likes

let me introduce you: opinions™️

That’s my opinion.

Where are the screenshots stored when we take a screenshot from the pause screen?
@InterAction_studios

Um, the screenshot button doesn’t take a screenshot, it just hides the pause menu so that you can take a screenshot when the game is paused and that the menu is hidden. The location for screenshots is C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU\vxx

3 Likes