Early Access version 49

What about lightning, plaſma, and poſitron? How will clicking effect thoſe?

How is this a valid argument? Absence/existence of a feature is not a guarantee of its continued absence/existence. We didn’t have charging, splitting, chaining, heat-dependent damage, or area-of-effect in CI4. But we do now.

I don’t have any intention of changing the power levels of existing weapons. But I reserve the right to do so for any future weapon, that’s all I’m saying.

4 Likes

Eh, that’s kinda fair. New weapons don’t exactly need to follow that rule. At least there’s about 5 weapons that exist which are already “somewhat” tailored for competitive use.

At least new weapons can be somewhat more interesting and creative if they don’t exactly follow the same rules as the existing weapons.

(Plasma, Neutron, Utensil, Positron and Corn)

1 Like

Not really an argument, more of a question. I was simply curious.

Same. It would increase their firing rate (even though the beams look continuous, there’s still a periodic firing rate which controls how often damage is applied).

There’s an open issue with the Plasma, because there’s a benefit to manual firing (or, better put, individual firing) which I’d like to preserve without it being overridden by the overdrive mechanic*. So maybe overdrive will only be present in certain weapons rather than all of them.

* In fact, one of my main stumbling blocks currently is how to “disambiguate” overdrive from several individual clicks which occur close together.

2 Likes

Oh, and by the way: Suggest changes and ideas for casual players here! - #13 by OneWingLunarian

Just so you won’t miss it.

I don’t know. I guess because you can’t anticipate, schedule, or force ideas and inspiration. They come of their own accord.

Regardless, the game must evolve with the times.

There was a time when the game was keyboard-only, because that’s how it was done back then.

At some point, mouse control had to be introduced, because everyone else used mouse control. But it still was still mapped to keyboard keys (to make playing by either keyboard or mouse “fair”). As more and more players started using the mouse, that had to be eventually dropped (leading to the lopsidedness between keyboard/mouse control to this day).

It also used to be the case that you had to click for individual shots (you couldn’t just hold the fire button down). That also went out the window at some point because progress. I tried to hold on to that by providing a benefit to manual firing. And now we’re looking at doing away with manual firing completely.

These ideas were a product of their time. And, sadly, their time has come and gone. Part of me considers them very fundamental to the game (and would like to keep them that way), but if the game is going to survive another 20 years, I also need to be consciously evolving the mechanics, re-examining decisions, and questioning assumptions made under different circumstances.

12 Likes

By the way, how much do the rarities reduce the ship hitboxes by?

i remember when i had to play chicken invaders 1 with keyboard only it was fun. but in ci2 mouse control was introduced if i remember correctly?

-2px radius (so -4px, if you’re working with diameters) per rarity level.

9 Likes

@InterAction_studios also could the exhausts in customizing Spacecrafts have their own names and in Color themes I suggest the Reset to default option to be added in every option in it.

A large part of people here seem to confuse “casual” with “noob”. The important distinction to make here is that while “competitive” players play for the sake of competition, “casual” players play more for the fun of it. A casual player may be extremely skilled, and a competitive player can be a crappy one, and vice versa. Again, fun and quirky features make the game much richer. Although I will say that picking up Riddler is still practically a death sentence.

As a gamer, or a dev? Just curious.

I still play with keyboard.

@InterAction_studios when viewing a planet missions, could the screen zoom-in according to the planet size? Because if the planet is too big it’ll look like this:

A little creepy right?!

4 Likes

Also if I’m having Plasma Rifle and I collect a Plasma Rifle Gift, I will get the Plasma Rifle Bonus instead of Firepower Bonus.

@InterAction_studios is it possible to show the food while it’s counting, just like the points counting?

Also in this space burger wave can’t remember its name :laughing: the Security Droid shoots as soon as it’s onscreen, could it be delayed a little?

• Droid Raid

Nah its fine has like him behave

3 Likes

Also when you get multiple medals at once, could the messages get grouped to one message instead of being divided per message? I am saying this because i got a lot of medals on v48 and had to scroll to preview each one if it’s a bug medal or a idea medal

2 Likes

Workaround: get fewer medals.

7 Likes

I don’t think this is a good solution. other people get some medals and you tell me that workaround, i don’t think it’s good.

1 Like

@InterAction_studios Why do these themes have text and symbols dark and are not light?
Also, this item has lowercase letters (others are uppercase):
Also, the tone down effects description might be misleading (or i might have misunderstood the meaning), because, i enabl/disable it, and back to the game, it applies immediately, although it says it requires a mission restart.

1 Like

Am I the only one thinking that Pecking Order gives too much bonus? And it is much guaranteed that “competitive” players will use Plasma Rifle to easily get this.

To be honest, some waves grant this bonus much more than some mission-wide medals. Players are also motivated to use superweapons/consumables since the points given are much worth than the value of those medals given off.

On the other hand, Multi-kill still gives a linear bonus, pretty much no incentive to kill all chickens in one go.

1 Like