@InterAction_studios
how am I supposed to damage it before it got damaged
Weapon using: Plasma Rifle

another one:
image image image image image image
How to do it? Shoot right when you pause it:

1 Like

@InterAction_studios

this happen when you press pause right after continuing a mission, replacing them with “0” is better

1 Like

what

Uh, that’s because the game is loading I assume. As long as it does not happen during actual gameplay, it probably won’t need a fix.

To be fair: Blanks are kinda the same as a 0 anyway

5 Likes

I have an idea for the Apple Core:

If you even hit the Apple Core at all, no matter how many barriers you’ve destroyed, it immediately goes into it’s fastest spin state and shoots it’s max amount of bullets.

This would be a nice counter against Absolver Beam users, as they are able to shoot through all the barriers. (I’m aware that Lightning and Positron exists. Chill out.)

I am aware that some people MIGHT shoot it by accident, but for people who use Absolver to make the fight go much faster, this would be a good way to make the fight a bit more of a challenge for them, instead of almost a joke.

An Alternative: If you deal over 10% damage (as good as a fully charged absolver shot) to the Apple Core no matter what, it goes into it’s max spin speed and bullet count.

8 Likes

True, it’s been way too easy with the Absolver Beam. This could be a way to buff it without increasing its health or its barriers’ toughness.

1 Like

A similar thing happens in ci5 (Italian), never got a fix

1 Like

@OneWingLunarian @youraveragegrant I mean, doing it this way is a waste of quite a lot of atomic powerups, but I guess your idea is fine and there could be a visual indicator like a charging animation (much like the one we see on Infini-Chicks, etc.) to show it’s been angered.

1 Like

Bossa Nova also gets steamrolled by Absolver, are we going to have to rework that boss too?

Look, if Absolver is causing this much trouble, then, plain and simple, it has to be reworked.
At this rate, I’m probably going to temporarily ditch Lightning and any other weapons that will need further fixing and just go straight to the Absolver post, becuase this thing really has to be addressed.

4 Likes

What if Absolver beam can’t damage trough barriers?
(Or making that the damage is halved every barrier)

Absolver is the first piercing weapon in the history of CI, we just need to find a proper way to balance the mechanic

7 Likes

@InterAction_studios. shouldn’t the Henterprise’s suns enlighten the screen in Darkness missions?

2 Likes

That will make the battle too easy.

For one, I think it ſhould “abſolve” food, and for another we need to deſign future waves in ways that are problematic for abſolver uſers, by having rapid sideways motion and the like.

3 Likes

I know, but it would scientifically make sense.

It would be cool if the feathers could block the light, but that’s probably hard to achieve.

2 Likes

I mean, some weapons can STILL hit Bossa Nova even if it does not attack. Your projectiles just need to push the debris back.

3 Likes

Correct. But no other weapon can bypass its debris completely, always dealing full damage.

Yeah, I’d like it to be balanced, not annoying. It’s already extremely situational, and if we’re going to try our best to make it as useless as possible, we might as well remove it.
Why would you even suggest doing that? It’s not like it’s massively overpowered, it overperforms in some scenarios and underperforms in others. Improve its performance against waves like the ones you mentioned, and make it perform at a reasonable level against shielded bosses and minibosses.

6 Likes

I mean, some weapons can STILL hit Apple Core. Your projectiles just need to destroy the barriers.

5 Likes

indeed

But really though. I’m talking about using Absolver in particular for Apple Core. Not all weapons will be able to hit apple core without even destroying/piercing thru the barriers. Just like how not all weapons will be able to hit Bossa Nova without pushing it’s debris back or piercing thru it.

1 Like