Early Access version 38

After testing this out in couple of longer missions I came to similar conclusion that Pritish did. Right now this mechanic is really unreliable and on certain waves it doesn’t even show up. I think it might be worth testing how this thing would work with reduced restrictions when it comes to chaining. (Being exclusive to automatic fire is justified, but how about giving it more freedom when it comes to choosing the targets, so as long as enemy is nearby, chaining will happen?) It would definitelly make it more reliable mechanic.

8 Likes

So is it automatic or manual?

5 Likes

If the Lightning Fryer had been great now, would some weapons like the Plasma Rifle and Positron Stream be similarly improved?

That’s a typo on @InterAction_studios part, I’m pretty sure. I have used it and can 100% confirm that in the current build automatic fire chains, manual doesn’t (but manual otherwise hasn’t been adjusted, so it’s similar to previous version).

I wouldn’t say it’s great yet. But it’s on the right track.
(And yes, the ultimate goal is to have all weapons be “good” aha. Positron won’t be trash forever, we hope)

4 Likes

Plasma rifle is adequate enough, in fact there’s a good argument that it’s a bit op considering how it makes cowards a total non threat for most difficulties except the highest one. Positron stream however needs a really good rework and a simple buff won’t make do. It needs entirely new mechanics in order to be different from existing weapons.
I could suggest making the positron stream slow down enemies and poison them but I’m sure someone will come up with a better idea than that.

3 Likes

I’m honestly looking forward to seeing a Lightning Fryer with all changes proposed by galbatorix (so is everyone else, I’m sure). I believe IA didn’t jump straight into a full rework because he wanted to implement changes gradually - he’d have time to focus on individual features more easily, fix bugs and make improvements early on until moving onto the next change. I like that approach, personally.

3 Likes

Actually, while I am really enjoying the addition to the actual fleet menu, I was picturing this screen when I wrote that:

But I suspect it would be harder (and perhaps a bit visually messier) to do that.

3 Likes

Hmmm…
I must buy this right now

2 Likes

Fixed in v.39

:medal_sports: Bug

1 Like

I meant “it ONLY works with automatic fire”

7 Likes

Fixed in v.39

1 Like

I’ve comeback on this game. And the lightning fryer is surprising me pogu

2 Likes

Making a mission someone assigned favourite and complete it again make you can assign it to your squadron.

Fixed in v.39

1 Like

I already mentioned it on v.37 topic, but my text was too confusing so you don’t understand that one.
Also thanks for balancing my medals: 2 bugs and 2 ideas

I definitelly agree with that approach. Before introducing actual reworks, it’s always good to test things out to be sure that new mechanics can be handled by the game from the technical standpoint. If now we figure out how to make “chaining between targets” mechanic work properly, then later we will have easier time adding actual balance changes. The same could be said about WBP Boron Railgun and WBP Corn Shotgun that also have mechanics that are absent in CIU right now.

In case of Lightning Fryer… It definitelly still needs some work. For now it might be worth making this mechanic as strong as possible(Beam always jumps to another targets as long as they are in range), just to see how its full potential looks like and if it actually needs some restrictions and/or bug fixes.

7 Likes

I’d suggest also throwing Photon Swarm into that category, if only due to its, say, slightly controversial use of RNG.

2 Likes

Good point. It’s less technical difficulty thing(I think, I might be wrong), but more gameplay debate, but yeah should definitelly see playtesting before implementation.

4 Likes

@InterAction_studios help.

(I know it’s already reported, but it bothers me every time)

1 Like

Off-topic, but I really like your ship.

Also I think IA’s working on a fix already. Could be wrong.

3 Likes