Early Access version 30

MAIN CHANGES

After two long months, the new update is here. The reason for the delay was (i) life and (ii) Google. I can’t rant on life, but Google decided to use some fancy new automated system to check for policy violations on Android apps, and that fancy new automated system could not load any InterAction studios games properly. So it did the sensible thing and automatically flagged them as violations. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Needless to say, it took a looooong time to track this down and fix it.

Anyway, as explained elsewhere, there aren’t a lot of new features in this update. Due to an… ahem… “user error”, the source code to the v.29 server was lost, so this update is technically two updates rolled into one (v.28 to v.29, and v.29 to v.30).

Looking at the changelog, there are two new chicken breeds “Berserk” and “Assassin”. For the life of me, I don’t remember ever implementing them, so you’re on your own. They could be buggy or game-breaking. Damn that Alzheimer’s :laughing:

Also, the new HSB color selection allows you to paint your spaceship with the precise color you want (within some limitations).

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bug: “Henlley’s Comet” wave: fixed stationary starfield during Boss Rush missions (@v6lori :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Changed damage/death sounds of “Coward” breed to CI3 Easter sounds (@Nikito :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Inbox: Made “Most active squadron” message slightly wider to avoid scrollbar/text overlap (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed regression: Pirate/eyepatch chicks in v.29 did not avoid player’s line of sight.
  • :new: Added “Berserk” chick breed.
  • :new: Added “Assassin” chick breed.
  • :bug: Fixed typo in Bird-Flu Gun satellite description (@kalel).
  • :bug: Fixed window sizing when height limit was reached before width limit (e.g., ultra-wide monitors) (@kalel)
  • :bulb: Paint screen: Added advanced HSB color customization.
  • :gear: Hardened illegal UTF-8 handling.
  • :bulb: Coward chicken projectiles now always target approximate player location (regardless of their texture orientation) (@Akemisora :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added support for left- and right- mouse thumb buttons (@FatherRussia :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Mouse buttons are now cleared when focus leaves the window (fixes lingering button presses when click-dragging outside game window)
  • :new: Missions screen: favourites/to-do can also be sorted by mission type (@EB4EnderBlaze :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Removed Slobs from “Caught by Surprise!” wave (@Recruit_75 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Removed Slobs from “Chick Gatling Gun” wave (@Traveller :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Server will now be automatically restarted after crashing.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).

22 Likes

The coward boi it’s my fear and I don’t know why

5 Likes

To all the folks out there happy for the mission type sort option - you’re welcome. :smile:

2 Likes

Berzerk is cool but no

3 Likes

Coward + berserk = i want to shoot them but i don’t want to die

You can’t grab pointer in HSV color selection. Is this intended? I suggest just to increase the field we can grab to make it a bit larger at the bottom.

Those new chicks are a bit too rare.

Oh, and as for Berserk chicks, I think they should be faster.

6 Likes

Thank you very much :rofl:

So coward chickens are supposed to shoot at player’s location, but in Squawk Block missions these guys shoot at left for some odd reason.

Oh yeah and i think that there are too many coward chickens in these missions. How about uh… make them appear rarely?

5 Likes

Wow…so I just fought the henlley’s comet, and…something kinda unfair happened. It entered its last phase, and the rows of comets started going up. So what is the issue here? The huge comet also decided to go upwards(it was at the bottom at the time) at that exact time, in the only safe spot…it was literally impossible to dodge.

1 Like

Also… How about adding a wave with Berserk Chickens only? (something like CI2 BC waves)
Of course porting CI2 Berserk Chicken waves will be just fine, but seeing new patterns would be awesome as well!

1 Like

Me rn:

no, really

11 Likes

NEW HIDDEN FEATURE (not bug): picture-in-picture on Windows 10
(“This Computer”)

9 Likes

@InterAction_studios . I can not start the game. I downloaded the update, I click on the icon - it blinks on the taskbar, but the game does not open. After copying the data, I tried to reinstall the game - the effect is the same.
the old version starts up, requiring updating. After the update - does not open.

@InterAction_studios Why the coward chickens making CI4 chick noises? Sorry if I am wrong but i thought that they will make only CI3 easter regular chicken sounds. P.S: I am not supposed to be here, but I have to request this.

5 Likes

Wow, I haven’t checked this game in a long time (since ver.15) and I think it looks all great so far!

I’m not sure if this is possible but is there a chance I can recover my account “Drax47”? I have reinstalled my windows and I forgot to backup my save files

2 Likes

anniversary of CIU = new boss with new mechanic

8 Likes

What are the specifications of your pc

I cannot play CIU because Failed: Connection timed out when it’s from 8pm to 10pm

is it me or what?

Two things to try:

1. After starting up the game, just do nothing and wait for 20 seconds at least. See if game window will eventually open. If it doesn’t, click on the game in the taskbar once only. Report back whether that worked for you.

2. Edit the file C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU\30\CIU.cfg (it’s a regular text file). Find the line that says

presentation_desired.fullScreenMode=1

Change the value from 1 to 2, then save and restart the game. If that doesn’t work, change it to 0. So, overall, try it with all possible values: 0, 1, or 2.

5 Likes