After two long months, the new update is here. The reason for the delay was (i) life and (ii) Google. I can’t rant on life, but Google decided to use some fancy new automated system to check for policy violations on Android apps, and that fancy new automated system could not load any InterAction studios games properly. So it did the sensible thing and automatically flagged them as violations. Needless to say, it took a looooong time to track this down and fix it.
Anyway, as explained elsewhere, there aren’t a lot of new features in this update. Due to an… ahem… “user error”, the source code to the v.29 server was lost, so this update is technically two updates rolled into one (v.28 to v.29, and v.29 to v.30).
Looking at the changelog, there are two new chicken breeds “Berserk” and “Assassin”. For the life of me, I don’t remember ever implementing them, so you’re on your own. They could be buggy or game-breaking. Damn that Alzheimer’s
Also, the new HSB color selection allows you to paint your spaceship with the precise color you want (within some limitations).
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- “Henlley’s Comet” wave: fixed stationary starfield during Boss Rush missions (@v6lori Bug)
- Changed damage/death sounds of “Coward” breed to CI3 Easter sounds (@Nikito Idea)
- Inbox: Made “Most active squadron” message slightly wider to avoid scrollbar/text overlap (@BoggY Bug)
- Fixed regression: Pirate/eyepatch chicks in v.29 did not avoid player’s line of sight.
- Added “Berserk” chick breed.
- Added “Assassin” chick breed.
- Fixed typo in Bird-Flu Gun satellite description (@kalel).
- Fixed window sizing when height limit was reached before width limit (e.g., ultra-wide monitors) (@kalel)
- Paint screen: Added advanced HSB color customization.
- Hardened illegal UTF-8 handling.
- Coward chicken projectiles now always target approximate player location (regardless of their texture orientation) (@Akemisora Idea)
- Added support for left- and right- mouse thumb buttons (@FatherRussia Idea)
- Mouse buttons are now cleared when focus leaves the window (fixes lingering button presses when click-dragging outside game window)
- Missions screen: favourites/to-do can also be sorted by mission type (@EB4EnderBlaze Idea)
- Removed Slobs from “Caught by Surprise!” wave (@Recruit_75 Bug)
- Removed Slobs from “Chick Gatling Gun” wave (@Traveller Bug)
- Server will now be automatically restarted after crashing.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).