Early Access version 27

:new: v27.3 UPDATE
An emergency client-only update has been released to correct the “looping sounds keep playing even after they should stop” bug. This is an optional update and you will not lose any progress. IF THE LOOPING BUG HAPPENS TO YOU AND YOU’RE USING v27.3 LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY.

v27.2 UPDATE
An emergency client-only update has been released to correct the “sounds play at the wrong frequency/pitch” bug. This is an optional update and you will not lose any progress. You can download it from the usual place.

MAIN CHANGES

A lot of small bug fixes and improvements in this update (refer to the changelog for details). This update is released slightly ahead of schedule because development will be suspended over the coming week (holidays). Hopefully it has enough improvements to keep you going until the v.28 update.

Clucker Bomb: A new special weapon has been added – it dishes out damage in an entirely different way from any previous special weapons. Test it out and let us know if it’s over/underpowered, over/underpriced etc.

Mission randomizer: The wave selection algorithm behind the mission randomizer has been changed. A significant number of waves now do not appear in lower difficulties (0%-30%). Due to this, all easy/moderate (+some hard) missions have been affected.

:warning: Some changes have been made to the sound library (again) to fix the “looping sounds don’t stop playing” bug. If you notice the same problem again in this version, please let us know immediately.

Medals for ideas/bugs will be awarded later today. Note: If you’re using a different in-game callsign than your forum name, then you cannot receive your medal unless you let us know what your callsign is.

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

• Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • Fixed centering of “UNIVERSE” on CIU logo. Also, added feint outline. (@isp :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Mission outcome screen: Corrected text overflow in mission codename (@Stardrone :medal_sports: Bug)
  • Bomber series default paintjob color is now red (@isp :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Trip button: Fixed disabled color (@ChickenInvader45 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • Massive damage (e.g., missiles) is now applied at each enemy’s location (as opposed to center of screen) – affects “Damage Indicator” display.
  • Added “Clucker Bomb” special weapon.
  • Changed super weapon prices: “Dimensional Phase-out” is now more expensive, “Shockwave Capacitor” is now cheaper.
  • In-game pause menu: Mouse pointer is now warped away from any UI elements upon appearance of menu (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Idea)
  • BASS: Added BASS_DEVICE_DSOUND (for real this time) in an attempt to fix “looped sounds don’t stop playing” bug. Still uses BASS 2.4.14.17.
  • Server-side v26.2: Fixed crash (unhandled exceptions) when receiving corrupted/cheated network traffic.
  • UCO boss (‘C’ variation): Non-firing laser arm is now completely removed at lower difficulties (@kokokokos :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Mouse is now only captured during mission (and released when game is paused) (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Fleet screen: Fixed color of spacecraft blueprints when using dark UI.
  • Server-side: Added capability to moderate squadron names remotely and issue violations.
  • Mission outcome screen: Values <0.1% no longer rounded down to zero (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • “Satellite auto-fire” is now ON by default
  • “Capture mouse” is now ON by default
  • Gifts/powerups are now drawn on top of explosions
  • Options->Gameplay: Added “Smaller explosions and screen shakes” option (@Sinci1 @Karizaki @Moth :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Mission list item: The difficulty bar (orange squares) now shows both starting and ending difficulty (@Neutral :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Every UI element now makes a sound when clicked (@kokokokos :medal_sports: Bug)
  • Shop: Music & backgrounds are new previewable (@harakat :medal_sports: Idea).
  • Added “Appetite Attractor” perishable.
  • Moved “reset tutorial data” from Options -> Gameplay to Galaxy ‘hamburger’ menu.
  • Fixed “no extra lives” and “non-mounted extra lives” tutorial ‘shown’ state not being saved.
  • Trips: Fixed cases where a highway itinerary would be allowed to go through an unexplored star system (@Traveller :medal_sports: Bug)
  • “Droid Highway” wave is now not penalized after being chosen by the randomizer (to match rest of droid waves).
  • Asteroid/bonus waves are now penalized to 1/5 after being chosen by the randomizer.
  • Bonus waves are now rarer (3x, used to be 4x)
  • Tweaked appearance probabilities for all waves depending on difficulty. (@Stardrone :medal_sports: Idea)
  • Mission randomizer: Backwards compatibility broken; all Invasion missions have potentially changed.
  • v27.2: Removed BASS_DEVICE_DSOUND to fix “all sounds play at their default frequency/pitch” bug.
  • v27.3: Added BASS_DEVICE_DSOUND. Uses BASS 2.4.13.19

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).

14 Likes

That was quick.

Liking the update a lot so far and Clucker Bombs seem fairly useful, but IMO Appetite Attractor should only attract fire powers / same present as your weapon. This way, you wouldn’t have to deal with attracting any unwanted weapons on tight waves.

1 Like

What about egg bosses which cover screen with scrumbled egg?

Good holydays @InterAction_studios !
You deserve it a lot!

1 Like

hey @InterAction_studios I think that the background preview and the music preview should be present evan in those 2 slots

They’re drawn on top of everything, including those huge splattered eggs.

1 Like

the clucker bomb is awesome :smiley:

3 Likes

I hear Looped sound of UFO (After wave “Technological Advances”)
I will write if i hear looped sound again

what does contacts do ?

They’re like friends lists

Result: Looped sound disappeared
BUT, i heard it

The coins from supernova debris are visible through them? Its intendent?

I dont like that the powerup is spawned right there.

3 Likes

maybe the powerups and stuff should be drawn on top of the explosions only

4 Likes

Explosions and other post kill effects such as scrambled egg.

I vote for making it an option, because this is even better.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed it too. Powerups should remaind covered by enemies on screen, but on top of kill effects.

Okay, with these suggestions, how should powerup spawn be treated (covered) in future versions?

• Keep it the way it is (atop everything)
  • Revert to the previous behavior (below everything)
  • Atop of explosions (and egg splats) only
  • Make it togglable (have an option to turn this on/off)
  • I don’t care

0 voters

I think its intended

I noticed a bug with ICBM rocket satellites mounted fire no matter which button you click …
right,left or spacebar