Heavy Bomber: A new heavy bomber spacecraft has been added. The distinguishing feature of bombers is that they’re larger targets and they move slower on-screen, but they make up for that with extended firepower. There are currently four bombers in this family (each one moving slower but having more firepower than the last). The “Maneuvering jets” equipment can be mounted in order to reduce the slow-down.
In order to easily test the bomber mechanic, a special “Experimental Flight Test” mission has been created, which is always flown with the smallest bomber model (most of the loadout from your regular flagship will be applied to the bomber). This mission will be available for the next two weeks. You will find it in your inbox.
Some changes have been made to the sound library to fix the “looping sounds don’t stop playing” bug. If you notice the same problem again in this version, please let us know immediately.
Medals for ideas/bugs will be awarded later today.
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Typo: Added space before “To commemorate…” in Anniversary mission’s description.
- New logo (3D galaxy)
- Fixed trophy awarded for Anniversary mission (@Traveller Bug)
- Highway/off-road buttons: Fixed dark text on dark UI (@ShardNguyen Bug)
- Fixed Henterprise last phase blind spot (again). Dish beam duration is now much shorter (@EmeraldPlay Bug) , and temporally overlaps purple lasers (@1galbatorix1 Idea).
- Galaxy screen: Player “asterisks” have been changed to smaller circular dots. Actual asterisks are only used for licensed players.
- Galaxy screen: Licensed players now display a badge next to their callsign.
- BASS: Removed BASS_DEVICE_3D and added BASS_DEVICE_DSOUND in an attempt to fix “looped sounds don’t stop playing” bug. Still uses BASS 126.96.36.199.
- Added groundwork for purchases.
- Added warnings about submitting offensive or inappropriate information.
- Tutorial data now persists server-side (saved as part of user’s preferences).
- Added groundwork for account management.
- Anniversary mission: chicken color now changes from cyan to purple as stages pass.
- Added heavy bomber spacecraft.
- Lightning weapon: Bullet Spray Expander/Condenser now also affects heading of tracking cones (previously affected only cone breadth).
- New perishable: Maneuvering jets.
- Added “Experimental Flight Test - Heavy Bomber” mission.
- Removed Earth from randomly-generated decorative background planets.
- Favourite/to-do mission list is now sortable (date added,duration,difficulty,result) (@MazZi Idea)
- UTime() is no longer default-initialized to the current time.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).