Early Access version 26

MAIN CHANGES

Heavy Bomber: A new heavy bomber spacecraft has been added. The distinguishing feature of bombers is that they’re larger targets and they move slower on-screen, but they make up for that with extended firepower. There are currently four bombers in this family (each one moving slower but having more firepower than the last). The “Maneuvering jets” equipment can be mounted in order to reduce the slow-down.

In order to easily test the bomber mechanic, a special “Experimental Flight Test” mission has been created, which is always flown with the smallest bomber model (most of the loadout from your regular flagship will be applied to the bomber). This mission will be available for the next two weeks. You will find it in your inbox.

:warning: Some changes have been made to the sound library to fix the “looping sounds don’t stop playing” bug. If you notice the same problem again in this version, please let us know immediately.

Medals for ideas/bugs will be awarded later today.

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

• Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • Typo: Added space before “To commemorate…” in Anniversary mission’s description.
  • New logo (3D galaxy)
  • Fixed trophy awarded for Anniversary mission (@Traveller :medal_sports: Bug)
  • Highway/off-road buttons: Fixed dark text on dark UI (@ShardNguyen :medal_sports: Bug)
  • Fixed Henterprise last phase blind spot (again). Dish beam duration is now much shorter (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Bug) , and temporally overlaps purple lasers (@1galbatorix1 :medal_sports: Idea).
  • Galaxy screen: Player “asterisks” have been changed to smaller circular dots. Actual asterisks are only used for licensed players.
  • Galaxy screen: Licensed players now display a badge next to their callsign.
  • BASS: Removed BASS_DEVICE_3D and added BASS_DEVICE_DSOUND in an attempt to fix “looped sounds don’t stop playing” bug. Still uses BASS 2.4.14.17.
  • Added groundwork for purchases.
  • Added warnings about submitting offensive or inappropriate information.
  • Tutorial data now persists server-side (saved as part of user’s preferences).
  • Added groundwork for account management.
  • Anniversary mission: chicken color now changes from cyan to purple as stages pass.
  • Added heavy bomber spacecraft.
  • Lightning weapon: Bullet Spray Expander/Condenser now also affects heading of tracking cones (previously affected only cone breadth).
  • New perishable: Maneuvering jets.
  • Added “Experimental Flight Test - Heavy Bomber” mission.
  • Removed Earth from randomly-generated decorative background planets.
  • Favourite/to-do mission list is now sortable (date added,duration,difficulty,result) (@MazZi :medal_sports: Idea)
  • UTime() is no longer default-initialized to the current time.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).

17 Likes

The new CIU logo looks super cool! But I have one issue about it though, some letters in " U N I V E R S E " seem invisible (mainly V E R), which doesn’t make it look that good, so I suggest some blue/purple aura around the letters so they don’t look that invisible

19 Likes

awesome update

1 Like

Wait, why only this? It would be useful to also have it on normal mission list.

2 Likes

You mean on planets? There’s only about 5-6 missions there, would sorting provide any benefit?

1 Like

Yes. And also yes.

1 Like

How bombers costs?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s neccesary acutally

4 Likes

Why not? Give me the reason why it shouldn’t be there if we are having it in the same game so there should be no problems implementing it.

1 Like

Shouldn’t the logo render on universe.chickeninvaders.com be updated? I can’t recreate it on my own with the textures. :v

2 Likes

now i know why he is called heavy bomber

3 Likes

Does the Heavy Bomber have a larger hitbox? From what it seems, it does have a larger collision area.

1 Like

Yes, it is.

1 Like

With the Utensil poker, does it actuälly put out more forks, or are they juſt more powerful?

1 Like

heavy bomber is a beast :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

10 Likes

23 is max power

3 Likes

BUG:
I know… is a mobile photo (didn’t know how much time my phone on router mode could handle)
But the name of the Heavy bomber’s fight test mission is a bit “wrong” in the briefing

4 Likes

Don’t forget about New Perishable

4 Likes

what are those for

1 Like