A lot of disparate changes in this update without a common theme. The most interesting change is that now squadron activity is ranked daily, with medals awarded to the most active squadron (in terms of aggregate score achieved in squadron assignments) at the end of each week. Note: For this week only, squadrons will be ranked, but medals won’t be awarded as the week is already almost over.
Medals for ideas/bugs will be awarded later today.
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Stats/Compare screens: Corrected color of “medals” caption when using dark color theme.
- Reverted change:
Enemies now ignore minFireSeparation the first time they fire.
- Squadron screen: squadron leaders now use separate icon to set them apart from regular members (@Traveller Idea)
- In-mission clock now stops after winning/losing (@GuestUniverse Bug)
- [Server-side v23.2] Improved galaxy generation algorithm to avoid instabilities and overlapping routes/star systems (@Gaunter , @Boggy Bug)
- Player names & asterisks are hidden when near an unexplored wormhole (@Traveller Idea)
- Food/powerups are now removed after stats are finalized for each mission. (@VerMishelb Idea)
- Fixed clients being left with a black screen (fader shut) if disconnected just as mission ends (e.g., when cheats are detected).
- “Extra slot” equipment now limited to 24 units (@gabytzu Idea)
- Some (rare) planets now have extreme orbital tilts. Galaxy regeneration required. (@ChickenInvader45 Idea)
- Some star systems now have planets that orbit clockwise. Galaxy regeneration required. (@Akemisora Idea)
- Shop: music and backgrounds are now only purchasable once (@gabytzu Bug)
- Spacecraft paint screen: Exhaust intensity bars (UI slider) now have a one-to-one correspondence with values (@Sophodot Bug)
- Number of rare equipment instances across the galaxy is now predetermined (rather than random). It’s now guaranteed that there are 9 x Uncommon, 6 x Rare, 3 x Legendary (@gabytzu Bug)
- Implemented more of Anniversary mission (incomplete & inaccessible).
- Added “most active squadron” daily/weekly maintenance.
- “Most active squadron” weekly medal now works.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).